Latest post Fri, Apr 8 2011 12:56 AM by Evan Schiff. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 8 2011 12:56 AM

• Evan Schiff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,460

Any guide to metadata precedence?

I've got a now months-old film project with tons of bins and multiple users, and we just discovered an errant clip with the wrong KN in the metadata. When I correct the KN metadata in the original tape bin, the fix lasts only as long as no other bin with a copy of that clip or a sequence referencing that clip is opened at the same time. I can open tons of bins simultaneously and correct the metadata across all of those bins all at once, but that's still iffy since there are always bins you miss when you do that and all it takes is one uncorrected clip to flip everything back again.

So obviously none of this is new or noteworthy, but it got me wondering what rules of precedence, if any, Avid follows for deciding which clip has the correct metadata when it encounters two identical clips with different metadata? Is there anyone who knows the inner workings of the code that propagates metadata changes across copies of the same clip?

Thanks,

--Evan

MC 7.0.0, OSX 10.8.4 Retina Macbook Pro Blackmagic Mini Monitor [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller