Latest post Wed, Sep 24 2008 1:17 PM by berga. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 23 2008 2:10 PM

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,995
    • Points 38,060

CS4 launches

The inclusion of the Mocha Planar Tracker is worth the upgrade cost all by itself.

The new features: http://tinyurl.com/3sw9s5

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Tue, Sep 23 2008 2:49 PM In reply to

• berga
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
    • Posts 1,665
    • Points 19,990

Re: CS4 launches

Let me try to write all comments.Big Smile

Ah, what an upgrade! Avid will never catch Adobe. I have to buy Premiere. Avid is to expensive and have not these new features.

Avid will go bankrupcy. They are only expensive.

Well, lets be seriouse. The speak recognition feature will be nice. I will watch some of the video presentations to nigth, european time.

HP xw4600, 3.2Mhz, 4Gb RAM, Mojo. 500GB SATA Bootdrive, 3x500GB internal raid-0 for video, Windows 7 Pro Swedish, MC7 with Symphony option, Blackmagic... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 23 2008 3:12 PM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,995
    • Points 38,060

berga:
    The speak recognition feature will be nice.

Yes, but when I saw it my first question was, can I export this data. I was thinking you use Soundbooth to "transcribe" your footage then import that into Avid and use Scriptsync to edit.

There is no set way to do it, but you could select the dialog in the application, and copy and paste it into a word document. However, it's not very accurate in actual use. So I don't know how helpful it would be with ScriptSync.

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Tue, Sep 23 2008 3:51 PM In reply to

berga:

Let me try to write all comments.Big Smile

Ah, what an upgrade! Avid will never catch Adobe. I have to buy Premiere. Avid is to expensive and have not these new features.

Avid will go bankrupcy. They are only expensive.

I'd be happy with just being able to keep the timeline playing when I touch a key or press a button.

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Tue, Sep 23 2008 4:22 PM In reply to

• Flavio
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 231
    • Points 3,085

Editing with Avid is the best thing, that´s for sure... but:

the number of new fewtures, some big ones, some little ones, and the number of improvements is just amazing. Just amazing...

There are dozens and dozens of them.

• Tue, Sep 23 2008 4:30 PM In reply to

• OliverPeters
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Orlando, FL
    • Posts 506
    • Points 6,800

Here's my initial review for DV magazine:

http://tinyurl.com/4endqp

- Oliver

• Tue, Sep 23 2008 6:58 PM In reply to

• berga
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 1,665
    • Points 19,990

I am impressed. If Media Composer is a tool for editors, Adobe Production Bundle is the Tool for one man shops. And Premiere is growthing up. Meta handling and export and import to Adobes audio software without any difficulties.

Avid would be glad that Adobe have not developed Version Cue for video editing (I am a bit disapointing). The new meta data handling may be a step to make it possibly.

The future will be interesting, FCP will have a tougth competition.

HP xw4600, 3.2Mhz, 4Gb RAM, Mojo. 500GB SATA Bootdrive, 3x500GB internal raid-0 for video, Windows 7 Pro Swedish, MC7 with Symphony option, Blackmagic... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 23 2008 6:59 PM In reply to

• editzz01
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 23 2005
    • Montreal
    • Posts 770
    • Points 9,250

Thanks for the review Oliver.

I skipped the CS3 upgrade from Production Premium 1, but am going for this one...at 599$ upgrade price I get all of my apps upgraded plus Flash thrown in as a bonus...a no brainer. I still can't see me editing on Premiere (I love my MC and Symphony), but who knows I may try it if I need a lot of video sent to After Effects.....also I can see me making some good cash on the Flash exports for my web friends :-)

regards

Work system Symphony Nitris classic 3.5.1 Vista business 64 12GB ram 10 TB Avid media drive Home system Media Coposer 3.5.1 Dual 3.2 Xeon 2.0MB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 24 2008 2:17 AM In reply to

• NICKB
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Posts 1,182
    • Points 16,320

What is great for Adobe is that if you are a Final Cut Pro user you benefit by buying Adobe creative suite and if you are an Avid user you also benefit having access to Adobe tools they work PC or MAC and play with cheap io cards so it seems Adobe wins both platform and NLE wars in sales terms whatever happens to other NLE's

Fantastic value for any media business even if you do not use Premiere for editing.

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 2:42 AM In reply to

• videoguy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Plainview, NY
    • Posts 481
    • Points 6,780

Especially the way Adobe prices upgrades. You can upgrade to the full CS4 Production Premium for:

• $1099 if you own what Adobe calls a point product (any full version of Premiere or Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS or higher, AE7 or higher). What Avid or FCP owner doesn't have that?
    • $599 if you own CS3 Production Premium
    • $599 if you own CS2 Production Studio Std or Premium (intro offer - price goes up to $799 after 2/28/09)

Lots of good value here. A great compliment to any edit suite.

Gary

Media Composer 3.5 ASUS P6X58D-E w/ Intel i7 980 Hex-core, 24GB RAM, PNY Quadro4000, Win7, SATA Boot drive, G-Speed eS for video [view my complete system specs]

Videoguys.com 800 323-2325 http://www.videoguys.com We are the Digital Video Editing & DVD Production Experts

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 1:17 PM In reply to

• berga
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 1,665
    • Points 19,990

or €1150!

Same stupid exchangrate again.

How much cost the transocean delivery?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller