Latest post Sun, Jun 8 2008 1:59 AM by hbrock. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 3 2008 9:18 PM

• CCMandy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135

Audio Tool

Quick question that probably has an easy solution...

How do you set your audio tool to show four bars instead of two? And vice versa?

It has always baffled me how one day I will just have two bars bouncing, then the next day when I open the same project, four will be showing. Anyone know?

Media Composer 6.5.3 / Mac OS X 10.7.4 / 2x2.66 GHz Quad-Core / 8 GB RAM / NVIDA GeForce GT 120 512 MB

Filed under: , , , , ,
  • Tue, Jun 3 2008 9:57 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Tool

Perhaps your timeline setting was on firewire mode instead of edit mode. On MCA, this is also selectable under the special menu when selecting "device". When in firwire mode, the audio tool will revert to 2 channels.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Jun 8 2008 1:59 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bainbridge Island, WA
    • Posts 5,556
    • Points 64,755
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Audio Tool

You need to set the project audio sample rate to 32k if you're doing a DV project if you want to have 4 channels of audio.  This will also necessitate converting any 48k audio clips to the new sample rate before outputting.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller