Latest post Thu, Mar 28 2024 8:43 AM by oh01. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 25 2024 4:32 PM

• oh01
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 26 2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 25
    • Points 315

MC 2024.2 and Artist DNxIV / AjA IO 4K

Hi there!

When I start Mediacomposer the AjA IO is regognized (but with wrong number of output channels), AJA Control Panel shows "In use by Avid", but I only get colorbars on output.

When I close MC and delete MCState on next start everything is fine until I close MC and restart. Then again only colorbars. So somehow MCState gets corrupted.

I tried AJA driver 16.2.2 and 17.1. No difference. It worked fine on MC2023.3.

When I close MC it sometimes (not always) chrashes.

Thanks for help!

Mediacomposer 2024.2 Ultimate, OS X 13.6.5, Artist DNxIV, AjA 17.0.1, Mimiq v24.1 iMac 2020 27", 3,8 GHz 8-Core, 128GB RAM, Radeon Pro 5700XT 16GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 25 2024 6:52 PM In reply to

Re: MC 2024.2 and Artist DNxIV / AjA IO 4K

oh01:

Hi there!

When I start Mediacomposer the AjA IO is regognized (but with wrong number of output channels), AJA Control Panel shows "In use by Avid", but I only get colorbars on output.

When I close MC and delete MCState on next start everything is fine until I close MC and restart. Then again only colorbars. So somehow MCState gets corrupted.

I tried AJA driver 16.2.2 and 17.1. No difference. It worked fine on MC2023.3.

When I close MC it sometimes (not always) chrashes.

Thanks for help!

Hi oh01,

Email me directly and let's start a case for this one. Please include the system ID of your Media Composer software.

My direct email address is: [email protected]

Thanks,

Ajay

• Mon, Mar 25 2024 7:46 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,886
    • Points 259,655
    • ! Avid Employee
      !Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Developer Moderator
      ForumsAdministrator
      Moderator: Edit on Demand
      Moderator: SSAI PHAI
      SystemAdministrator

Hi there oh01

By chance did you create new user settings when going to 2024.3?    I know there is a bug relating to MC and AJA and output - MCCET-5232 but your issue is only slightly similar.

I think this boils down to the start of it all when the AjA IO is regognized (but with wrong number of output channels). 

I would try to Power Cycle the unit.
    In some instances, even if the driver has been installed, the hardware is still not detected at the OS level. If this happens, try to power cycle the unit.

a. Shut down the host machine.
    b. Disconnect the device cable (Thunderbolt/ HDMI/ PCIe) from the host machine.
    c. Unplug the power cable from the hardware device and wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
    d. Reconnect the power cable and the connecting cables.
    e. Power on the host machine.
    f. Check if the hardware is now detected at the OS level. If it is, launch Media Composer.

Then i would Check if the hardware device is available in Media Composer.
    Launch Media Composer and open the Configuration tab. Under Available Hardware, check if your device is listed.

Mac: Click Avid Media Composer in the menu bar> About Media Composer> Configuration tab.

User-added image

Lastly I would Enable the Hardware toggle button.
    Make sure to enable the hardware toggle button (HW/SW) in the timeline to have a playback output.

User-added image

Media Composer 2022.10 and newer versions have introduced a new feature called "Multiplex I/O Support for Multiple Open I/O Plug-ins." To activate the Video Input/Output (IO), follow the steps in this article How to enable the Hardware Toggle (HW/SW) button in Media Composer 2022.10 and later.

fd this doesnt help then a support ticket is the way to go and Ajay is working on that.

Marianna

Sr. Director | Customer Experience and Community [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 28 2024 8:43 AM In reply to

• oh01
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 26 2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 25
    • Points 315

Thank you Marianna

I tried all this. What is the workaround right now is either to delete MCState or power cycle the hardware (after booting os) before starting MC. This helps until the next restart.

Customer Care is working on it.

Ole

Mediacomposer 2024.2 Ultimate, OS X 13.6.5, Artist DNxIV, AjA 17.0.1, Mimiq v24.1 iMac 2020 27", 3,8 GHz 8-Core, 128GB RAM, Radeon Pro 5700XT 16GB [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller