Latest post Thu, Oct 12 2023 2:29 PM by kkordisch. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 1 2023 12:05 AM

PhraseFind AI not working. MC 2023.08.01

I've upgraded to 2023.08.01 which was supposed to fix PhraseFind AI not working... but it's still not working for me. I hit search and it instantly says "No results found", whereas when it does work it takes some time while it searches. The bin index and PhraseFind AI index icons and fully green. The spot where language selection used to be is blank. What are other people experiencing?
    Media Composer 2021.03 Symphony Phrase Find Script Sync Dell XPS 8940 Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz 10cores 96.0 GB RAM NVIDIA... [view my complete system specs]

"Don't go by my script, they're always wrong." - producer to me while editing

• Sun, Oct 1 2023 1:18 AM In reply to

Re: PhraseFind AI not working. MC 2023.08.01

I did a full uninstall, and manually deleted all of the avid folders, Did a fresh install of 2023.08.01 and had the same probloem. No PhoneticData folder would be created. Did a full uninstall again and installed the last version I had with it working, 2022.12. Launch the project and it created the PhoneticData folder but Phrase find still didn't work. Made a new project and new user setting, brought footage into it. Creates the PhoneticData folder however it still doesn't work. It looks like it is not actually scanning the footage because it is nearly instantly indexed and when I bring in new footage it doesn look like it is being indexed. I will add that this is being done on a machine that PhraseFind was working as it should prior to updating to 2023.08. Looks like I'll be going old school searching throgh transcripts on this project until this gets fixed.
    Media Composer 2021.03 Symphony Phrase Find Script Sync Dell XPS 8940 Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz 10cores 96.0 GB RAM NVIDIA... [view my complete system specs]

• Thu, Oct 5 2023 2:53 PM In reply to

• Wiz Bang
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 5 2006
    • Posts 11
    • Points 155

Even after a full uninstall and then reinstall, the PhraseFind Index is red. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Thu, Oct 5 2023 9:36 PM In reply to

Hello!  Sorry just seeing this now. 

Is your Media Composer project running from a local hard drive or from a shared storage workspace? For PhraseFind to work properly, it needs to be inside of a Media Composer project thart is running from a local hard drive's project. 

If so, then you can try opening the Find Tool by hitting CTRL-F, then clicking the "gear" icon, and then hitting pause and then unpause. Essentially the opposite of what's in this article here: 

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/How_To/stop-PhraseFind-Bin-Indexing?retURL=%2Fpkb%2Fapex%2FKB_Render_Download%3Fid%3DkA240000000KzTX%26lang%3Dja_1_1_1&popup=true 

If that doesn't help, then I'll need some more info from you:

- Computer's OS version

- Type of computer (as exact as possible)

Thanks! 

------

Chris Bové
    Manager, Avid's Digital Customer Success Team
    [email protected] 

• Thu, Oct 5 2023 11:01 PM In reply to

Hi.

"For PhraseFind to work properly, it needs to be inside of a Media Composer project thart is running from a local hard drive's project. "

Shared storage. We have 2 edit suites working on priojects, we can't run projects from a local hard drive. It was working with this exact setup prior to upgrading to 2023.08.

Windows 11

Dell XPS 8940

• Fri, Oct 6 2023 10:40 AM In reply to

Hi Scott, I have created case: 04690530 for this issue; let's triage this there for now.

• Fri, Oct 6 2023 1:28 PM In reply to

Thanks, Scott. Work with Philip on the case. in the meantime, her are some troubleshooting questions and suggestions from the PhraseFind team:

Questions:

• What brand of shared storage solution specifically?
    • Any strange characters in the path (to the project, including the project)?
    • Are they Managed files (like imported or transcoded DNxHD) or are they Linked files?
    • What happens if they attempt to do a “Create Script from Clip”? (This will be an indicator.)
    • Can they send a screenshot of the Find Window and Find Window Settings dialog?
    • They said they uninstalled... did they manually delete all of the avid folders, and then reinstall?
    • Did the uninstall process include deleting C:\Users\Public\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Search manually?

This is what we’ve been advising people to do if they are having issues on Windows:

• Uninstall MC
    • Restart
    • Delete C:\Program Files\Avid\Avid Media Composer
    • Delete C:\Users\Public\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Search
    • Restart
    • Reinstall
    • Restart

If that doesn’t work, then we should ask for the ‘Avid FatalErrorReports’ folder and the search logs folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Avid Media Composer\Search\logs).

Other suggestions:

• Exit MC, Move out the folder with the “AvidSharedData/<Computername>” in the project folder, Start MC, Stop, Start Indexing.
    • Language should be “Blank” this is as designed.
    • Set indexing to local

------

Chris Bové
    Manager, Avid's Digital Customer Success Team
    [email protected] 

• Thu, Oct 12 2023 1:02 PM In reply to

Hello all,

I also want to chime in on the info "For PhraseFind to work properly, it needs to be inside of a Media Composer project thart is running from a local hard drive's project. "

So as we work on a MediaCentral / NEXIS environment and all our projects are on Nexis shared storage, this isn´t recommended when you want to use phrasefind? Is this something new with the new PhraseFind engine or has this always been the case?

Reason: we didn´t use phrase find yet but were thinking about licensing the option . But that wouldn´t make any sense when it won´t work in our shared envirenmoent.

Thanks for info and best regards

Avid MC 2022.12.4 / BMD Decklink Cards / HP z840 + HPz2g5 and other Wkst (Custom) / Windows 10 Pro 64bit / winVer 22H2 / Interplay - Media Central Production... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 12 2023 1:42 PM In reply to

Longhairman:

Hello all,

I also want to chime in on the info "For PhraseFind to work properly, it needs to be inside of a Media Composer project thart is running from a local hard drive's project. "

So as we work on a MediaCentral / NEXIS environment and all our projects are on Nexis shared storage, this isn´t recommended when you want to use phrasefind? Is this something new with the new PhraseFind engine or has this always been the case?

Reason: we didn´t use phrase find yet but were thinking about licensing the option . But that wouldn´t make any sense when it won´t work in our shared envirenmoent.

Thanks for info and best regards

Hello, I have ran this past our L2 engineers...

Both the Nexidia engine and the new AI engine will work with projects on shared storage. If you face issues, you could set the search indexing folder to a local folder. 

I think Chris meant the Nexidia engine was initially built for local projects. Nowadays, it's completely fine to be AI indexing projects on shared storage. 

Indexing locally is probably faster since most storage connections are 1Gig. 

• Thu, Oct 12 2023 2:25 PM In reply to

Dear Philip,

great, thanks for checking and your reply! Then I will have a go with testing in our environment. We have still some 1Gig connections but are upgrading all of them to 10Gig soon.

Best regards

Avid MC 2022.12.4 / BMD Decklink Cards / HP z840 + HPz2g5 and other Wkst (Custom) / Windows 10 Pro 64bit / winVer 22H2 / Interplay - Media Central Production... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 12 2023 2:29 PM In reply to

• kkordisch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 5 2011
    • Posts 171
    • Points 2,150

Indexing should by default always be set to local. I don't know why it was ever set to shared storage or project.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller