Latest post Fri, Jun 9 2023 5:21 PM by ripvanmarlowe. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 9 2023 5:05 PM

• Dalida
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 58
    • Points 675
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Aces 1.3 Workflow

Hi everyone!

I am interested in color management in Avid Media Composer but in ACES. In the project settings there is only one option of Aces 1.1 but today the industry is working with Aces 1.3.

In the forums I found this old answer: "In the 2019.6, we internally use our own ACES ‘flavor’ so our controls still work properly (especially for color correction). Over time this will change to become ACEScc/ACEScct as a working color space.

Today we have ACEScct as the working Color Space but I am confused, the version is stil ACES 1.1.

Sorry, I am new with Aces, is there any documentation that I can review for how it works in Avid? Anyone that can guide me with ii?

In advance, thank you.

• Fri, Jun 9 2023 5:21 PM In reply to

Re: Aces 1.3 Workflow

Been asking for ages for whitepapers or workflow papers on this and nothing. I imagine it was smashed out in order to get the Netflix approved thing and then forgotten about. Doubt anything is happening with it, another "do the bare minimum and then leave it for years" situation. If anyone is really using a colour managed pipeline within MC in anger, I'd love to read about it or see a blog post as there's nothing in the manual.

Andi

HP ZBook G6 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 9th Gen Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB 64GB RAM Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2022.10 MacbookPro 15 2019 6 core 2.6GHz i9 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller