Latest post Mon, Jan 9 2023 2:13 PM by Ajatt. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 9 2023 11:28 AM

• Ajatt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 24 2014
    • Posts 13
    • Points 150

Avid MediaFiles "marked not to display in this bin"

I have successfully relinked the Avid MediaFiles of 60 clips into a new bin using the Media Tool. I followed the advice on the Avid Community forum, navigating in the Media Tool to where the files were stored and dragging them into the bin.

However, one clip did not come with the rest.  A notice appeared, “Some of the items arriving in the bin are currently marked not to display in this bin.  The items have arrived safely.”A post on the forum advises that when this occurs, “Run the media tool, searching ONLY for master clips. Drag those master clips into a local project bin and new links to the media files will be created.”Unfortunately, this does not seem to work for me. When only “Media Files” are checked, nothing happens when I try to drag the files into the new bin.If I check both Master Clips and Media Files, then the “Some items…” notice appears again.It is important that I have opened a new bin each time I try this, otherwise I get the warning chime that the command cannot be carried out.

This suggests to me that the files are dragged into a new bin but they cannot be seen.

So, how can I change the Avid MediaFiles from being “marked not to display in this bin.”?

Andy

Media Composer 2024.2.0 Mac OS 14.3.1 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W, AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, 120 external single drives, Quantum LTO-7 drive [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 9 2023 12:14 PM In reply to

Re: Avid MediaFiles "marked not to display in this bin"

Hi Andy,

The first thing I'd try is from the bin fast menu select 'Set Bin Display' and make sure everything has a check mark next to it.

Media Composer 2024.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Jan 9 2023 12:37 PM In reply to

• Ajatt
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 150

Hi

That's interesting. I have selected everything in the Set Bin Display as you suggest. This time in the Name column in the Sources grouping it now displays the tape name, which is BLS 14, and the creation date. But that's all. BLS 14 still does not show up in the Clips grouping in the bin.

Andy

Media Composer 2024.2.0 Mac OS 14.3.1 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W, AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, 120 external single drives, Quantum LTO-7 drive [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 9 2023 1:42 PM In reply to

Hi Andy,

In the Set Bin Display list is Show Reference Clips selected?

Media Composer 2024.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Jan 9 2023 2:13 PM In reply to

• Ajatt
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 150

Hi

Yes it is.

Andy

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller