Latest post Thu, Jan 5 2023 5:33 PM by Job ter Burg. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 5 2023 1:20 PM

• jmcbrg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 28 2011
    • Boston
    • Posts 38
    • Points 470

Is it possible to change multiple audio fades to equal power?

Is there a way to change multiple audio fades to equal power from linear after the fact? Besides individually shift-clicking each one I mean, like lasso (or in-out?) the entire sequence and go into effect mode to choose equal power for all previously applied fades without changing the durations?

Thanks,

-Jeff

MC 2021.12.7, Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3 GHz 8-core Xeon E5 64 GB ram, AMD D700, OS 10.15.7 Catalina, JumpDesk from iMac 2017 i7 Catalina

• Thu, Jan 5 2023 4:03 PM In reply to

Re: Is it possible to change multiple audio fades to equal power?

Hi, 

If you go to Settings, Audio Project. Click the Effects tab and you'll see "Dissolve Midpoint Attenuation". Set it to "Equal Power" or "Const Power -3dB" (depending on Avid Version).

This will make sure the sound level doesn't dip in audio transitions. The bad news is that it doesn't apply the setting retroactively, so you will need to delete your existing audio transitions and put them in again.

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.12.2 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.21 | Sibelius Artist 2022.12 

• Thu, Jan 5 2023 4:11 PM In reply to

• jmcbrg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 28 2011
    • Boston
    • Posts 38
    • Points 470

Thanks, yes, I knew about that setting, I also know you can use the effects editor to change them individually; I was hoping for a way to change hundreds of fades in an existing sequence without having to do them all individually.

MC 2021.12.7, Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3 GHz 8-core Xeon E5 64 GB ram, AMD D700, OS 10.15.7 Catalina, JumpDesk from iMac 2017 i7 Catalina

• Thu, Jan 5 2023 4:59 PM In reply to

If the audio transitions are standard cross fades then it maybe easier to delete the lot. Then change the setting and reapply using In to Out on mass.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E [email protected]

• Thu, Jan 5 2023 5:33 PM In reply to

Pat Horridge:

If the audio transitions are standard cross fades then it maybe easier to delete the lot. Then change the setting and reapply using In to Out on mass.

Which would only work if they're all of the same duration, though.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller