Latest post Tue, Jun 28 2022 10:01 PM by schuehlieh. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 21 2022 6:57 AM

• sirpuls
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 25 2022
    • Posts 8
    • Points 110

Refresh Bin Container more requently?

Hi, 

I have the following scenario. I am working with Media Composer on a simple Network Attached Storage that is mounted to my mac via SMB. Part of my workflow consists of an assistant creating new folders within my project on Finder-level while I work on that same project in MC. The problem is that new folders created by my assistant will not show in the Media Composer bin container until I select "Refresh Bin Container" from the right-click context menu of the Bin Container. The folder is, however, immediately visible to my Finder and the Finder of my colleague so this does not appear to be a storage/SMB issue.

Is there a way to have Media Composer auto-refresh the bin container on a more frequent basis?

Filed under:
  • Tue, Jun 21 2022 12:27 PM In reply to

Re: Refresh Bin Container more requently?

Which file allocation table is the server formatted in? I'm curious if this is an issue with NTFS formatted drives on the windows side.

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Avid Play | Sibelius Artist 2022.7

• Thu, Jun 23 2022 6:05 AM In reply to

• sirpuls
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 110

Philip Kapadia:

Which file allocation table is the server formatted in? I'm curious if this is an issue with NTFS formatted drives on the windows side.

Hey. It's aLinux-based storage and the file system is XFS.

• Thu, Jun 23 2022 6:11 AM In reply to

• sirpuls
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 110

Philip Kapadia:

Also.. I would like to note here that this also happens when the project is on the local HDD. Creating a folder in a project on Finder-level will not show that folder in MC until the bin container has been refreshed manually. There has to be a way to auto-refresh th ebin container, right?

• Tue, Jun 28 2022 10:01 PM In reply to

simply save your project. cmd-9 (select project) cmd-s (save) Then Project window will update HTH Best j
    teaching all versions up to MC 2021.12 @ MacOS 11.6.7; edit suite on MC 2019.12. @ MacOS 10.14.6 & edit suite MC 2018.12.7 @ MacOS 10.13.6 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller