Latest post Sat, Jun 18 2022 1:25 PM by Joseki. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 16 2022 10:29 PM

• acbrock
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 170
    • Points 2,115

Audio Track Auto Assembly...

Hi,

Getting a request from a Sound Department that i have never encountered before.  We have a feature that has alot of audio used from other takes in our sequences.  They are asking if i can deliver a new Reel with only the Audio that actually syncs to the picture on screen.  So reload all the old audio that we have overcut with other takes that we preferred.  If i blow away all the audio tracks is there a way to have avid just recut in all the audio that would be associtaed with V1?  Never hear of a reqeust like this and not even sure why it would be useful.  But i do not have time to do this manually clip by clip so hope there is some automated function or they are out of luck.

Thanks

• Thu, Jun 16 2022 10:33 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Track Auto Assembly...

I have done this often. It is very helpful for sound editorial. They can pull bits and pieces from there, and have the original sync available as a guide for either ADR or retimed audio.

I use a third party macro program and just run a set of commands to recompile all the reels.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 16 2022 11:30 PM In reply to

• acbrock
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 170
    • Points 2,115

What Macro Program are you using.  I have never jumped into any of htem but maybe it is time...

• Fri, Jun 17 2022 12:50 AM In reply to

• acbrock
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 170
    • Points 2,115

Oof.  I was just playing with Keyboard Maestro.  Looks like it can do it but figure it all out is going to take some time.  Any chance you could send me the script you use?  If not, totally understand. 

Thanks

A

• Fri, Jun 17 2022 7:36 AM In reply to

I have done it on Windows, using WinMacro by VideoToolshed. And I always forgot to save the script.... sorry.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 18 2022 1:25 PM In reply to

• Joseki
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 23 2010
    • Posts 35
    • Points 450

I've done that with keyboard maestro. I've posted my macro on their forum.

https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com/t/media-composer-edit-the-synced-sound-macro/28079

Media composer 8.3.1 / Mojo Dx / Mac pro 4,1 / Mac OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller