Latest post Wed, Jun 8 2022 11:07 AM by Philip Kapadia. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 6 2022 10:51 PM

• Dalida
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 58
    • Points 675
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Color Space at Export in 2021.3

Hi everyone,

While 2021.3 and so on does not have an export option as "same as source", I can't find the best option for exporting a .mov without a variation of color.

I have tried different settings but everytime I tried the color changed.

Even when the MC is really not changing the color (I imported the .mov via amalink into Avid and there is no difference), I need a .mov which can be use as reference where the color matches exactly as the one in MC and it can be play in QT or VLC.

I am working with DNxHD LB in a project 1080p/23.976 19z0x1080 YcbCr 709 in an iMac with Catalina.

Export settings:

Any idea how I can have a .mov, same a source with no change in color that can be useful as reference?

Thank you in advance

• Wed, Jun 8 2022 11:07 AM In reply to

Re: Color Space at Export in 2021.3

Hi Dalida, 

Have you tried a UME MOV export?

You could also try a OP1a DNxHR LB export. 

None of those should change the colour upon output if you've set the right settings. 

Also, in what way does the colour change? Is it a colour change or a luma change, like Full to legal range conversion for example?

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.12.2 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.21 | Sibelius Artist 2022.12 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller