Latest post Mon, May 23 2022 6:40 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 22 2022 11:43 PM

• mcdannyj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 9 2011
    • Posts 92
    • Points 1,290

Can sequences cut in 2022.4.0 play in older versions of Media Composer

Hi all!

I'm about to start a show and I'd like to use my own Mac and Avid. I'm currently on the bleeding edge 2022.4.0 and I'm going to have to hand off any sequences I cut to an editor cutting on 2019.12. He tells me that last season, he had trouble reading sequences that came from another editor's Avid. He couldn't even see the video and the AE had to video mixdowns for him to be able to watch the work. Again. that editor was cutting on whatever was current last summer (2021.x) and additionally, was cutting on a PC. 

I was working on the assumption that sequences (not projects) can mostly be handed off across versions of the Avid, and you just had to watch out to not use plug-in packages or functions that only became available in the newer version of MC. I'm hoping the issue had more to do with handing off sequences from a PC Avid to a Mac, but even that shouldn't really be an issue should it? 

We're going to do a power test, but I'm wondering if anyone has already had experience with this issue. 

2019 Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel 8 Core i9 ● 64 GB RAM ● 32" Asus Proart PA329C Display ● Media Composer 22.7.0 (on Mac OS X 12.4) [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 23 2022 6:40 AM In reply to

Re: Can sequences cut in 2022.4.0 play in older versions of Media Composer

As long as the older systems are on the latest 2019.12.5 release it should work. But they need to check they Re that last december update. 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller