Latest post Tue, Feb 8 2022 1:11 PM by SilvaEdit. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 7 2022 3:49 PM

• SilvaEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 3 2010
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,570

How to scale up a centred title in TItler+?

I'm getting my head round Titler+ now i've updated to the latest release and need to have a lot of animated titles on my current project but I can't figure out how to scale a centred title, it always scales from an anchor point in it's corner, even with the text alignment centred, how to I make it scale from the centre of the title?

Thank you.

P.s. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY miss the old Title Tool and Marquee Hmm

• Mon, Feb 7 2022 10:18 PM In reply to

Re: How to scale up a centred title in TItler+?

Hey Silva, 

I'm afraid that's not possible. Currently, when you try to scale a Titler + title either by grabbing one of the resize points or punching in a number value to the title tool, it will only ever scale from a corner. No way to scale from the centre of the title. 

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Avid Play | Sibelius Artist 2022.7

• Mon, Feb 7 2022 10:22 PM In reply to

SilvaEdit:

animated titles

You're really going to struggle to create animated titles with the titler + tool. It's possible to animate some aspects by using the titler +'s effect editor, but it's slow, buggy and unreliable. 

One (theoretical) workaround might be to create a title with Titler +, add a solid green background with the paint effect, mixdown the titler and green background, then spectra matte the mixdown and animate the spectra matte effect instead/nest in an animated 3d warp which should be a lot more stable and should just "work". 

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Avid Play | Sibelius Artist 2022.7

• Tue, Feb 8 2022 1:11 PM In reply to

• SilvaEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 3 2010
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,570

Thanks Philip, crazy the hoops we have to jump through to do these simple tasks on this newer version.

Making a pre-comp is a good workaround, thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller