Latest post Sun, Dec 5 2021 12:39 PM by MikeyB. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 3 2021 3:22 AM

• Sam I Am
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 16 2006
    • Posts 146
    • Points 2,020

Copying mediafiles from Mac to PC??

I am transferring a MC project from a Mac to a PC.

Can anyone out there suggest the best way to copy the mediafiles from the original Mac OS Extended drives to a Windows friendly drive? 

Thanks,

Sam

Dell Inspiron 16 Plus (2021), 11th Gen Intel i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz, 32GB DDR4, NVidea GeForce RTX 3050 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Dec 5 2021 12:39 PM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 607
    • Points 7,600
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Re: Copying mediafiles from Mac to PC??

It dependa a bit on how complex the project is, and how you've structured it.

Is your media linked or MXF-managed? If linked, copy the media folders to a suitable drive (I'd use an EXFAT formatted drive for Windows compatibility). You may have to re-do the linking process on the PC as the file path to the media will be different. 

If MXF, how many bins do you have? If only a few, open each bin in turn and consolidate its contents to the drive.

That should get all the master clip media copied.

As for Sequences - they should relink automatically to the linked/consolidated media.

But do you have one Sequence, or many?  Lots of titles/graphics/rendering? If so, you might want to consolidate across the Precomputes. Use the Media Tool to display these, and consolidate them.

In fact, if there's lots of bins, the Media Tool would be the best route for the master clip media too.

In other words, there isn't a one-click solution to this! 

2021 MacBook Pro 16" (M1 Max 32GB), 2019 iMac 27" (8-core i9, 40GB) [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller