Latest post Fri, Nov 5 2021 2:12 PM by karbomike. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 3 2021 6:06 AM

• hilanokta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 3 2021
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

What is "ISIS" in Professional Video Editing?

I'm in the midst of relocating to find new job opportunities and many of the job listings I've been seeing lately have some variation of "Strong working knowledge of ISIS" listed on their requirements for a variety of jobs including Producers, Assistant Editors, and Creative Coordinators. For obvious reasons, I'm having a hard time Googling what the software (or hardware) is regardless of the other terms I put into my search. Is it a video editing software? A file hosting service? Or even just a type of compressor? I'm literally clueless here.

• Wed, Nov 3 2021 7:06 AM In reply to

Re: What is "ISIS" in Professional Video Editing?

Avid|ISIS was the predecessor or Avid|NEXIS. It is a line of shared storage systems made by Avid.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 5 2021 2:12 PM In reply to

• karbomike
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 3 2021
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Re: What is "ISIS" in Professional Video Editing?

hilanokta:

I'm in the midst of relocating to find new job opportunities and many of the job listings I've been seeing lately have some variation of "Strong working knowledge of ISIS" listed on their requirements for a variety of jobs including Producers, Assistant Editors, and Creative Coordinators. For obvious reasons, I'm having a hard time Googling what the software (or hardware) is regardless of the other terms I put into my search. Is it a video editing software? A file hosting service? Or even just a type of compressor? I'm literally clueless here.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller