Latest post Mon, Sep 20 2021 12:13 PM by Philip Kapadia. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 20 2021 11:39 AM

Avid Link can't connect to server

Good morning,
    This morning I noticed a license problem in avid media composer ultimate that I have been subscribing for some time, it was renewed on September 18th, and I have no idea why the renewal did not happen! I checked my account online and even if the payment method was paypal, I had to add it, the exact same! As soon as the paypal account has been entered again, the payment has been made! Anyway I couldn't access avid because it asked me for the license, I chose online avid link but it wasn't activated! I tried for about 2 hours while I tried in every way to get in touch with avid support, always ending up talking to a useless bot that at every attempt to pass me a natural person said that the service is not available! I then looked for a telephone contact, which does not exist for Italy, by calling the number dedicated to the countries not listed (+44 ...) calling from my mobile and probably spending a fortune to see the line drop after almost 10 minutes. .... At present I don't know why avid starts up correctly, but at regular intervals avid link says that it is impossible to connect with the activation server ... I am looking for help I don't know what to do ...

Thank you and greetings

• Mon, Sep 20 2021 11:53 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Link can't connect to server

David Benini:

Good morning,
    This morning I noticed a license problem in avid media composer ultimate that I have been subscribing for some time, it was renewed on September 18th, and I have no idea why the renewal did not happen! I checked my account online and even if the payment method was paypal, I had to add it, the exact same! As soon as the paypal account has been entered again, the payment has been made! Anyway I couldn't access avid because it asked me for the license, I chose online avid link but it wasn't activated! I tried for about 2 hours while I tried in every way to get in touch with avid support, always ending up talking to a useless bot that at every attempt to pass me a natural person said that the service is not available! I then looked for a telephone contact, which does not exist for Italy, by calling the number dedicated to the countries not listed (+44 ...) calling from my mobile and probably spending a fortune to see the line drop after almost 10 minutes. .... At present I don't know why avid starts up correctly, but at regular intervals avid link says that it is impossible to connect with the activation server ... I am looking for help I don't know what to do ...

Thank you and greetings

Hello David, 

For licensing issues you should contact: Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com) or Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com). They should respond to you quite quickly.  

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Avid Play | Sibelius Artist 2022.7

• Mon, Sep 20 2021 12:02 PM In reply to

Hello Philip

Thank you for the help!

• Mon, Sep 20 2021 12:13 PM In reply to

David Benini:

Hello Philip

Thank you for the help!

No worries! Update the forum with your solution so that anyone in the future who might stumble across this thread can understand what went wrong and how to fix it. 

Editing Movie Magic.

My Equipment & System Specs

Media Composer Ultimate 2022.7 | Pro Tools Studio 2022.7 | Avid Play | Sibelius Artist 2022.7

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller