Latest post Tue, Jun 29 2021 9:37 AM by chasermina. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 26 2021 7:24 AM

Editing a video-collage on Music with the keyboard - lock tracks

Hi everyone,

this seems a very stupid question, but I still dont know how to do it, because I have been switching from Resolve and Premiere to avid....

I am always editing with the keyboard only where its possible. So just using ins and outs and then X C V for editing out or splicing in...

Now I want to make a short music collage (not synced, just random video clips over a music bed) and therefore I add music first and then edit the video accordingly.

But how can I edit all tracks EXEPT the music track? If I push X, all tracks are edited out and if I lock the music track, it doesnt allow me to edit, because one track is locked..

Any Ideas? Confused

I am editing on a very old macbook pro / mid 2012 with 16 GB ram Using macOS Catalina 10.15.7 And usually the newest AVID Version / right now its 2020... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Wed, May 26 2021 7:41 AM In reply to

Re: Editing a video-collage on Music with the keyboard - lock tracks

Ah I found it! :)

I accidentally right-clicked the track and used "lock track" instead of deactivating the sync lock.

I am editing on a very old macbook pro / mid 2012 with 16 GB ram Using macOS Catalina 10.15.7 And usually the newest AVID Version / right now its 2020... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 26 2021 8:25 AM In reply to

Just make sure the music track is enabled in the timeline and don't select audio on the source side. Then you will just cut video across.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Tue, Jun 29 2021 9:37 AM In reply to

• chasermina
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 29 2021
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

This is also what I look for in terms of music for my device at radiofrench They are amazing and attractive, aren't they?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller