Latest post Mon, May 10 2021 12:23 PM by Marianna. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 3 2021 9:00 AM

• Mark A
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney
    • Posts 94
    • Points 1,115

Upgraded OS and now Composer wont start

Hi All

just upgraded OS 10 10.15.7 and get the error " This software was released past your contract expiration" My subscription is valid until July 2021. Reinstalled and that didn't work(2021.3). It also swept up my all media folders from the sys drive and put them in a Relocated Items Folder. Apparently I don't have permissionto put them back!!

any help appreciated.

Mark

Imac 5k 4GHz I7 16GB ram 10.14.5 MC19.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 3 2021 12:11 PM In reply to

Re: Upgraded OS and now Composer wont start

Hi Mark, Only Avid can fix license problems. You should create a case on the MyAvid support portal and someone will get to you asap. https://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact  If you don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  He is Avid's customer advocate, and can help you.

Media Composer 2021.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, May 10 2021 9:06 AM In reply to

• Mark A
    • Not Ranked
    • Sydney
    • Posts 94
    • Points 1,115

It would be nice if someone from Avid would reply to my emails ! Try and phone them from Australia and all you get is a robot on the phone.

Imac 5k 4GHz I7 16GB ram 10.14.5 MC19.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 10 2021 10:33 AM In reply to

Hi Mark, Just to check, did you send an email to Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com)?  He is usually very responsive.

Media Composer 2021.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, May 10 2021 12:23 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,562
    • Points 255,350
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Mark

You always need to "Phone Home" at least once per year with a deactivation and a reactivation to updated the servier and your license to the latest renewal you made.

Email me the system ID and MyAvid email and I will assist

marianna

marianna.montague@avid.com

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller