Latest post Mon, Apr 19 2021 2:32 PM by SilvaEdit. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 16 2021 9:54 AM

• SilvaEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 3 2010
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,570

Media Composer and Big Sur - Crashes when dealing with audio

I know it's not fully compatible but working off a new 2020 iMac and couldn't downgrade to Catalina.

It seems that match framing to audio, trimming audio, generally dealing with audio crashes the Avid.

Becoming a real issue - maybe this is helpful to the programmers?

Best

• Fri, Apr 16 2021 10:06 AM In reply to

Re: Media Composer and Big Sur - Crashes when dealing with audio

Big Sur is supported in the latest release. What version of MC are you running?

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

• Fri, Apr 16 2021 10:11 AM In reply to

• SilvaEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,570

Oh really? I read the pinned thread at the top of the board and assumed otherwise. I'm using 2021.3.0

EDIT: In fact is says not yet supported in the article in the thread.

EDIT 2: OK, so it seems that I can't play  a clip an audio clip in the source monitor or go to source/timeline view or that crashes the Avid. If I lay the track in the timeline and then play everything is OK.

• Mon, Apr 19 2021 2:32 PM In reply to

• SilvaEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,570

So it seems to crash when opening a music / audio filein the source monitor then toggling to source/record timeline and hitting play.

Marianna et al, any help with this please?

Cheers

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller