Latest post Thu, Mar 11 2021 2:48 PM by Philip Kapadia. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 11 2021 12:21 AM

• LOL1337
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 16 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

SLOW with more than 4-5 audio tracks!

If i add more than 4 - 5 audio tracks my avid get really slow and i get a dealy of 2 seconds after i make a cut or move a clip. hitting play is no delay! only cut or move!

The lenght of the timeline, amount of material dosent affect! 4 -5 audio trakcs its fast! More i add slwoer it gets. with 15 audio tracks i get a 2 - 3 second delay!

Avid 2018

2070 super

PLZ HELP[:'(]

Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Mar 11 2021 2:48 PM In reply to

Re: SLOW with more than 4-5 audio tracks!

LOL1337:

If i add more than 4 - 5 audio tracks my avid get really slow and i get a dealy of 2 seconds after i make a cut or move a clip. hitting play is no delay! only cut or move!

The lenght of the timeline, amount of material dosent affect! 4 -5 audio trakcs its fast! More i add slwoer it gets. with 15 audio tracks i get a 2 - 3 second delay!

Avid 2018

2070 super

PLZ HELP[:'(]

Ok I guess the best question to ask is... What type of audio is it? Have you linked to it or imported it? .Wav .MP3?

I'd also note that your 2070 super won't make a big difference in performance. Avid Media Composer mostly relies on the CPU

What's your CPU and RAM? Try allocating more ram to media composer through site settings > media cache

Ryzen/GTX H/W (I know) [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller