Latest post Sun, Mar 7 2021 12:58 PM by camoscato. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 7 2021 12:35 PM

• gregNZ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 23 2010
    • Posts 41
    • Points 585

MC License issue when moving to new Mac

Hi all,

I bought a new iMac. I moved everything via Time Machine from my old iMac to the new machine. I was sure I had deactivated the license before. But now I realised it somehow didn't do it and it seems I cannot do that at all. Everytime I click deactivate it tries to sync an old license and then jumps back to green/activated. The same on both machines.

old iMac

10.14.6 Mojave, 3,5 GHz, i7, 32 GB

new iMac

11.2.2 Big Sur, 3,6 GHz, 10 core i9

Media Composer 2018.12.3

thanks so much for your help, very much appreciated!

• Sun, Mar 7 2021 12:43 PM In reply to

Re: MC License issue when moving to new Mac

On the Avid website sign in and select support. 

Support issues related to licensing are free of charge.

They can release your stuck license. 

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET (Retired Early 2022)

Still offering training and support for: QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more.

Mainly delivered remotely via zoom but onsite possible.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk

• Sun, Mar 7 2021 12:58 PM In reply to

Re: MC License issue when moving to new Mac

As Pat says, you should create a case on the MyAvid support portal and someone will get to you asap. https://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact  If you don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  He is Avid's customer advocate, and can help you.

Media Composer 2022.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller