Latest post Mon, Aug 31 2020 3:00 AM by Twosheds. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 27 2020 7:55 PM

• SharonH
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 14 2020
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Handles option missing from .AAF export!

Hello all,

I am not an pro at AVID MC by any means, but I find it difficult to export specific .AAF requirements as many options seem to be missing.

Could someone take me through the process of exporting an .AAF with specific settings?

The audio engineer I am working with asked for an .AAF with embedded handles of at least 1,000. 24/48. These settings are not present at my options box before exporting, and I am not sure how to achieve these settings. I have searched for this specifc question on the forums and found no exact answer, but one screenshot with the option to change handle lenght underneath the 'Export Method' drop down menu.

This is not present in my menu, even after multiple restarts of AVID and the MAC.

The audio files, video file and the .AAF will all be stuck on one hard drive for delivery, so what settings should I use to make sure all the necessary files are all complete onto the one drive?

Thank you!

Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, Aug 31 2020 3:00 AM In reply to

• Twosheds
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 15 2006
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 94
    • Points 1,040

Re: Handles option missing from .AAF export!

In the AAF export options, change your "Export Method" to consolidate. There you can set handle length. Under audio details you can convert the audio sample rate to 48kHz and the bit depth to 24bit.

There is also an option for embedding the audio into the file or saving the audio seperately into a folder.

Media Composer Ultimate 2019.6 and 20.8.0 Mac OSX 10.14.6 and 10.15.6 DNxIO and DNxIQ iMac 27" Late 2013 i7 16GB, iMac 27" 2019 i9 64GB MacPro... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller