Latest post Mon, Aug 5 2019 8:52 AM by camoscato. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 4 2019 9:05 AM

Can't re-activate Media Composer

Hi,

All of a sudden I'm locked out of my account with a hard deadline looming!

I renewed my annual subscription of MC Ultimate a month ago - this shows in Application Manager / account that I have a year long license.

When I open MC I get the activation window. When I try to activate I'm taken to Application Manager / licensing.

There it seems to contradict itself - MC says 'Not Activated', yet below in the same window says 'MC successfully activated'.

I also tried doing this via the website and installing the license file.

But I can't get beyond the Activation window. A couple of time a message has popped up saying 'Waiting for license data update'....is it just a question of waiting?! How hard can it be (no need to answer that one)!

Thanks for any help you can give, this is really bad timing for me.

Best wishes

Dylan

• Sun, Aug 4 2019 9:10 AM In reply to

Re: Can't re-activate Media Composer

Further info - just re-tried with the license file and it says:

"activation failed:response is out of order with previous responses"

Still not sure where to put that right

• Sun, Aug 4 2019 1:35 PM In reply to

You should contact Avid Support.

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact

Select Broadcast & Video, then on the next page click the + next to Contact Support and call the number listed for your area.  Help with activation issues is free, and it's option 2 from the phone menu.

If you don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com) and Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com).  They are Avid's customer advocates, and can help you.

Media Composer 2022.4 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Aug 5 2019 8:01 AM In reply to

Hi Carl,

Thanks for this advice. I got onto them and found out that there's been a change to licensing for those who buy annual subs -  the latest version of MC needed to be installed, all good now.

Best wishes

Dylan

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/Changes-to-Media-Composer-Licenses-in-2019

• Mon, Aug 5 2019 8:52 AM In reply to

Hi Dylan,

Glad to hear you got the help you needed!

Media Composer 2022.4 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller