Latest post Sat, Jul 27 2019 8:04 PM by camoscato. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 26 2019 4:20 PM

Effect Pallete enlarges

Hi'

Working with new MC8.  When I select the effect pallette, it enlarges to 1X cutting off the top of the screen.  I don't know how to make it stop doing that.  Any takers on this one?

Thanks,

Dave

• Fri, Jul 26 2019 7:18 PM In reply to

Re: Effect Pallete enlarges

Hi,

Which specific version of MC are you using? Can you post a screen shot of what the palette looks like when it's enlarged?

Media Composer 2022.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jul 26 2019 9:22 PM In reply to

Version 2019.7

By the way, I meant to say the the enlargement takes place in the Effect Editor, not Palette.

I saved a print screen to my desktop but I do not know how to insert it into this post.  The image doesn't have a url.

Thanks

Dave

• Sat, Jul 27 2019 6:42 AM In reply to

If you didn't create new user settings for v2019 you should try that first. New user settings are required, and using old ones can cause weird behavior like you're seeing.

If you are already using new user settings, then the problem is something else. Here's how you can add a screen shot to your posts:

1. Click Reply

2. Click the Options tab

3. Click Add/Update under File Attachment

Media Composer 2022.10 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Sat, Jul 27 2019 12:20 PM In reply to

You can't see it in the photo, but there is a small 1X in the upper right corner.  The guy on the TV screen is cut off on the top because of the enlargement.  It affects my ability to adjust the top of the screen.  He is a pic in pic over top of a green screen monitor. There is still a little green showing at the top but I can adjust it due to the screen enlarging.

Thank you for the advice on print screen attachment.

Dave

• Sat, Jul 27 2019 3:56 PM In reply to

Try this:

1. Click on the display to make sure it's active

2. CTRL+k to zoom the display out

I'm not sure that's the problem, but it's worth a shot.

• Sat, Jul 27 2019 5:42 PM In reply to

That fixed it.  Cnt K was the answer.  Thank you very much.

Dave

• Sat, Jul 27 2019 8:04 PM In reply to

You're welcome. For future reference, CTRL+k zooms the active monitor out, CTRL+l (that's an L) zooms it in. If the timeline is active, those commands make the active tracks smaller or larger.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller