Latest post Fri, Sep 8 2017 11:50 AM by Tom Cook. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 7 2017 7:57 PM

• Tom Cook
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 25 2010
    • Keene, NH
    • Posts 250
    • Points 3,130

How to zoom waaaay in...?

Hi, everybody, and once again thanks for the assist…

I am working in Media Composer 8.7.2 an imported a 8.4 MB photo via Import -> Source Browser (which, my understanding is, merely links to the original image as a reference instead of creating new media by a more traditional media import). I other image editing programs I can enlarge this image upwards of 1000% with no degradation or image breakup. However, when I drop it onto my Timeline and place the Tools -> Effect Pallet -> Image -> Resize effect and then try to zoom in with that, the MOST I can zoom is 400% and it goes horribly soft.

As I recall there used to be an effect where you could select the quality of the enlargement… it took a lot longer to render but looked great.  Anyway, suggestions on accomplishing an extreme zoom in on high-rez media?

Thanks, as always!

Tom

Dell XPS720, quadcore 3.6 GHz, 28 GB RAM, Avid Media Composer v8.7.2 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Thu, Sep 7 2017 10:05 PM In reply to

Re: How to zoom waaaay in...?

In your effects palette scroll down to Image and then select Pan & Zoom.  With this effect you import and work with your original Hi Res image.  In the effects "Filter" drop down menu you can select your render quality.   If you have not used this effect for a while I would suggest you Google Avid Pan and Zoom to find some very good tutorials as a refresher.

PS I moved this thread out of the MC | First forum.   That forum is for users of the recently released free version "MC | First"

• Fri, Sep 8 2017 11:50 AM In reply to

• Tom Cook
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 25 2010
    • Keene, NH
    • Posts 250
    • Points 3,130

Re: How to zoom waaaay in...?

Andrew:

Sorry I didn't reply sooner - for some reason I wasn't notified of your response...

Pan and Zoom was it exactly! Works perfectly, thanks!

TC

Dell XPS720, quadcore 3.6 GHz, 28 GB RAM, Avid Media Composer v8.7.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller