Latest post Fri, Aug 25 2017 9:17 AM by BenoitM. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 23 2017 11:12 PM

• Brian Waingrow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Thousand Oaks, CA
    • Posts 20
    • Points 260

"Only CC Effect Correction can be applied to filler."

Odd thing, every so often I'll try to apply color correction to a clip, in this case by source clip name, and I get the error: "Only CC Effect Correction can be applied to filler." It was working fine a minute ago and now I'm getting the error. Has anyone else encountered this? Any ide on how to fix it?

I'm running MC 8.7.2 on PC

I definately have the track with video selected and not a filler track, but still get the message. This is really annoying. 

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Media Composer 8.8, Symphony option, Dell Precision Tower 5810, 30 GB RAM, AMD FirePro W7100 video card Windows 10, Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro... [view my complete system specs]

Many Thanks,

Brian Geeked

• Fri, Feb 24 2017 2:46 AM In reply to

• Brian Waingrow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Thousand Oaks, CA
    • Posts 20
    • Points 260

Re: "Only CC Effect Correction can be applied to filler."

I figured it out! Each clip that was giving me the error was next to a collapsed clip that had a filler track in it! The two clips then had a dissolve linking them. The CC was seeing the filler from the collapsed adjacent clip!

(So that's a big never mind.)

Media Composer 8.8, Symphony option, Dell Precision Tower 5810, 30 GB RAM, AMD FirePro W7100 video card Windows 10, Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro... [view my complete system specs]

Many Thanks,

Brian Geeked

• Fri, Feb 24 2017 1:24 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Dallas TX
    • Posts 2,213
    • Points 23,820

Glad to see you got it taken care of and thanks for sharing your solution

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Fri, Aug 25 2017 9:17 AM In reply to

• BenoitM
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Brussels, Belgium
    • Posts 1,267
    • Points 15,220

Brian Waingrow:
    Each clip that was giving me the error was next to a collapsed clip that had a filler track in it! The two clips then had a dissolve linking them. The CC was seeing the filler from the collapsed adjacent clip!

Same symptom here, but there is definitely NO [adjacent] collapsed clip, just a crossfade with the next clip.

Workaround: remove the crossfade, make the Source clip CC, reapply the crossfade.

Annoying.

(seen on 8.9 on my secondary -lightweight- system; not tested on main system with 8.8.5)

MC 20.10 (+Symphony)/BCC2019 12.5.2; BlackMagic Ultrastudio Mini Monitor+Recorder (11.6); DELL Precision 5530 - Intel Core i7-8850H 2.6 GHz - 32 GB RAM;... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller