Latest post Fri, Dec 8 2017 7:59 PM by Kiel J. Hunt. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 29 2016 10:24 PM

• aynsb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 20 2011
    • Posts 47
    • Points 505

"A required hardware download was not performed" error on startup

Hi there,

I'm having this issue whereby the following sequence of events:

• quitting MC

• umounting drives and quitting ISIS

• system sleep and user log-out

• system waking up

• user log-in

• connecting to ISIS

• opening MC

results in the error message, "A required hardware download was not performed," and I am forced to quit MC.  If I do all of these things except the system sleep and log-out, MC appears to restart without issue.  The only thing that remedies this is restarting the whole system.  I.e. instead of being able to put the system to sleep between MC sessions, I have to shut it down.  (Though I think once when MC crashed, and I had to reboot the whole system to restart MC, even without the sleep attempt.)  I've tried to find information on this to no avail.  Any ideas?  My system specs are as follows:

MC 8.5.3 with Avid Mojo DX (not sure if there is more info I should find on the latter?)

Isis Client Manager 4.5.0

OS 10.9.5 on a 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 Mac with 32 GB of ram

Thanks!

• Fri, Jul 29 2016 10:30 PM In reply to

Re: "A required hardware download was not performed" error on startup

There is an Avid forum for ISIS.  You may get quicker answers re posting your issues in this forum   ( http://community.avid.com/forums/370.aspx )

Good luck

• Fri, Jul 29 2016 10:51 PM In reply to

aynsb:

<stuff removed>

I.e. instead of being able to put the system to sleep between MC sessions, I have to shut it down.  (Though I think once when MC crashed, and I had to reboot the whole system to restart MC, even without the sleep attempt.)  I've tried to find information on this to no avail.  Any ideas?  My system specs are as follows:

MC 8.5.3 with Avid Mojo DX (not sure if there is more info I should find on the latter?)

Isis Client Manager 4.5.0

OS 10.9.5 on a 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 Mac with 32 GB of ram

Thanks!

Why not just leave it running?  I would suggest a name brand UPS (battery backup) and leave the computer running.  My legacy Mac Pro runs 24x7 and has since 2009.

Take it EZ,

Robert

2018 MacBook Pro,I7 2.6GHz/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 560X 4GB/500GB SSD/External RAID0/Mojave & MacPro Early 2009 24GB/GTX1080Ti/1GB SSD/HIT2TB/WD1TB/ProAvio... [view my complete system specs]

Robert A. Ober
    IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelance Preditor(Producer/Editor)
    www.infohou.com
    Houston, TX

• Fri, Dec 8 2017 7:59 PM In reply to

• Kiel J. Hunt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 14 2011
    • Los Angeles, CA.
    • Posts 20
    • Points 220

Try using the Firmware Back-rev Utility for Nitris DX and Mojo DX Hardware  .....  This worked for me!  Make sure that you use the "Flemming and after" installer as the other is for PPC macs and earlier, and I don't think you have a PPC version conscidering you are running MAC OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks.  10.5.8 is the max supported OSX for PPC macs.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller