Latest post Tue, Apr 12 2016 8:31 PM by The Electric Wallpaper Co.. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 12 2016 3:04 PM

Changes to trim behavior

With MC 8.5.0  I notice that the behaviour of the trim function has changed.  Previously, if I went into trim mode and selected all the tracks, I could de-select and re-select a track and my playhead would snap to the most recent selection.  Now it defaults to the trim point where most of the edits lie.  I found myself asking, is there a feature that allows me to monitor the trim on the track of my choice?  Other wise I can't hear the audio or see the video where the trim is being made.

Yes, there is a way to do this.

In the example below, I would have been able to click on the edit in the yellow audio track to disable it, then re-select it to be able to audition my audio when using the J-K-L keys.  As it stands, I can only guess and then review the edit using PLAY IN TO OUT.

The solution is to OPTION-select the edit point you want to audition.

I was just about to ask if anyone had a solution when I thought to hit the OPTION key.  I just thought I would pass this along in case anyone else had the same problem.

Barry

• Tue, Apr 12 2016 7:29 PM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 594
    • Points 7,435
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Re: Changes to trim behavior

I think what actually happens is that the trim watch point defaults to the topmost track. To move the watchpoint to a different track, just click on the trim roller on that track. No Alt key needed.

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 12 2016 8:31 PM In reply to

Re: Changes to trim behavior

Ah, I see.  This is totally different than the way it used to work for me.  But then again, I recently made a big jump from version 5 of Media Composer.

Barry

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller