Latest post Thu, Apr 30 2015 6:28 PM by Mark. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 29 2015 8:21 AM

• Finbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 9 2014
    • Posts 50
    • Points 590

Is Sorenson Squeeze no longer included with MC v8.3.1?

When I originally upgraded to MC 7, Sorenson Squeeze was listed as part of the software along with MC.

Now that I've moved to MC 8.3.1 with an annual subscription, it's no longer listed under my products - only a 30 day trial is.

Application Manager has Pro, Lite & Trial listed but will only activate the first two with a code which I don't have.

Why is this?

• Wed, Apr 29 2015 1:27 PM In reply to

• MattB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 9 2006
    • Shepperton, UK
    • Posts 485
    • Points 6,630

Re: Is Sorenson Squeeze no longer included with MC v8.3.1?

But your original version of Squeeze will still work.

Edit 1:- Intel Core i9 7900X msi x299-SLI-plus mobo 64GB DDR4 3000Mhx memory NVIDIA Quadro P4000 (Nvidia driver 441.12) Samsung 860PRO SSD 512GB system... [view my complete system specs]

Matt B

• Wed, Apr 29 2015 2:10 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,887
    • Points 259,680
    • ! Avid Employee
      !Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Developer Moderator
      ForumsAdministrator
      Moderator: Edit on Demand
      Moderator: SSAI PHAI
      SystemAdministrator

Matt

Your older Squeeze shoud work fine with your system as long as the version you have is 64 bit.  Squeeze as a trial comes with a perpetual license support/upgrade plan.  Squeeze lite comes with a subscription month to month or yearly.  

Marianna 

Sr. Director | Customer Experience and Community [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 30 2015 9:19 AM In reply to

• Finbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 50
    • Points 590

I had to go through a complete erase and reinstall of all software, etc on my Mac.

After reinstalling MC 8.3.1, the App Manager says that my apps are all current but I need to activate Titler Pro 2 and Squeeze Lite 10. I don't seem to have Squeeze from before.

It has my system ID there but states I need an activation ID for the 2 programs. I've tried the ID that's listed under MC in my Product Details but that doesn't work??

• Thu, Apr 30 2015 1:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,887
    • Points 259,680
    • ! Avid Employee
      !Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Developer Moderator
      ForumsAdministrator
      SystemAdministrator

Squeeze only comes with the Subscription model or rental as does Titler 2.  Perpetual licenses where you buy the support/upgrade plan for a year comes with titler 1 and Squeeze trial.  Thats why subscription is slitghly more $

The app man shows but if you dont have it in your Master Account then you have no way of activating them as you arent eligible.

Marianna

Sr. Director | Customer Experience and Community [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 30 2015 4:19 PM In reply to

• Finbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 50
    • Points 590

That seems a bit of a raw deal!!

So, I previously paid to upgrade my dongle to MC v7 and I had Squeeze as part of the package.

I then have to pay again for the new annual licence, but I now lose Squeeze - how does that work?

• Thu, Apr 30 2015 4:42 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,887
    • Points 259,680
    • ! Avid Employee
      !Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Developer Moderator
      ForumsAdministrator
      SystemAdministrator

Finbo

I think we are both confused.   If you previously paid for Squeeze and its a 64 bit app then you can certainly use it with MC 7 and MC 8.x.  You shoud have a serial # for it and can download 6.4.4 from the Avid Download center.

However, if you want the NEW squeeze, that only comes as a 30 day trial in the perpetual upgrade/support plan and comes as a Squeeze Lite version in the subscription/rental.

so you should have it.   If you want to upgrade to the latest version, you can certainly do so by purchasing the Squeeze upgrade for Avid.

http://www.sorensonmedia.com/squeeze/squeeze-desktop/upgrades/

HTH and please feel free to email me if you have other issues.

Marianna

• Thu, Apr 30 2015 6:28 PM In reply to

• Mark
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 19 2010
    • Posts 433
    • Points 4,680

Sorenson currently (thru 5/8) is running a sale on Squeeze if you want to upgrade & the bundled products don't meet your needs. Check out the Sorensonmedia website or a reseller such as videoguys if your interested or curious.

MC 8.7.2. HP Z400, Xeon W3580, 24GB ECC RAM, BMD Decklink Studio 4K, Desktop Video 10.3, Quadro K4200, 362.13 OS & programs: 600GB 10k, video: 1TB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller