Latest post Tue, Nov 11 2014 7:29 AM by Pat Horridge. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 11 2014 2:17 AM

Export and convert all bin Seq to FCP

Hi

Is there any way to convert or export all bins and Sequenses and all staff from MC8 to FCP 7 for carry on the rest of editing with FCP7?

Protools 11 HD, HD Native Card, D-Command, Omni, Sync IO Symphony 6 / Media composer 8 Mac Pro, Macbook Pro 13" Retina, Mac OS 10.10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 11 2014 3:06 AM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,462
    • Points 18,160

Re: Export and convert all bin Seq to FCP

You can try the Automatic Duck products which have been offered for free since they stopped developing them a few years ago.  Don't know if they're completely compatible with current versions of Avid.  

• Tue, Nov 11 2014 7:29 AM In reply to

Re: Export and convert all bin Seq to FCP

Automatic duck from FCP7 (legacy) to MC worked in a limited way but only for sequences and some types of media.

I haven't heard of MC to FCP7 legacy for years and at best you'd get sequences only.

But why on earth would you? FCP7 is long finished.

Premiere maybe be brave and FCPX even but Legacy FCP7 ?

No way.

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | www.vet-training.co.uk|

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller