Latest post Sun, Aug 25 2013 1:31 AM by hbrock. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Aug 24 2013 2:22 PM

Media Offline

I think I've dropped a big clanger. I was running out of space on an external hard drive so I copied a couple of smaller projects media to another identical brand and size hard drive but now the project won't see the MXF media. Is there any thing I can do or do I have to start again from scratch? All the files kept their names the only thing that has changed is the letter of the drive from D to C

Very grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you

Running MC5.03 on a 27 inch iMac OSX 10.6.5 Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz Total Number Of Cores: 4 Memory: 12 GB Processor Interconnect... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 24 2013 2:40 PM In reply to

• Susi
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 608
    • Points 7,100

Re: Media Offline

A bit confused; did you MOVE files from drive D to drive C, or copy them?
    Did you move them insde Avid, with the Media Tool, or outside the Avid programme?
    Which media does the project not see now - ANY media from this project, or simply the files that you moved?

If you haven't already done this, close Avid and delete the databases of all your MediaFiles folders, then open Avid again so that they are all re-built. 

I'm no Avid whizzkid but hope this helps. Tell us more, anyway, and maybe others will chip in.

MCversion 2020-10-0 on macOS 10.14.6 13" early-2015 Macbook Pro; 3.1GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB 1867 MHz DDR3 Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 25 2013 1:31 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Bainbridge Island, WA
    • Posts 5,578
    • Points 64,975
    • Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Media Offline

The MXF files need to be located in Avid MediaFiles/MXF/1 for them to be seen by the application.  Also, the Avid MediaFiles folder has to be at the root (topmost) level on the disk.  (That means it can't be inside of any other folder.)

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller