Latest post Mon, Oct 8 2012 3:23 AM by Larry Rubin. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 8 2012 2:27 AM

• Dwight
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 26 2010
    • Buhler
    • Posts 81
    • Points 1,075

re-installing MC after crash

My hard drive crashed bad and I have a new one now. Want to reinstall Media Composer 6. I have the disks for MC5 but had upgraded via download to MC6.  What's the best way to go about this? Re-install the discs, or is there a way I can just download 6 directly?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dwight

iMac 27" (2017) Processor 3.8 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory 40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Graphics Radeon Pro 580 8GB Software Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.6 Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]

Dwight Buhler   http://www.dwightbuhler.net/

• Mon, Oct 8 2012 3:23 AM In reply to

Re: re-installing MC after crash

Dwight:

You will no longer need your disk set of version 5. New versions are never added on to existing ones.

If you already own Media Composer 6.0, and if you have an account established at the download center, you should download 6.0.3.1, the latest patch (full installer) and install that. You will need to use the ALC (Avid License Control) application in the "Avid Utilities" folder to handle your license status, as I am assuming your license was still activated when your original hard drive crashed.

If you purchased 6.5, download and install 6.5.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller