Latest post Mon, Mar 5 2012 7:34 PM by Robert Goodman . 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 2 2012 4:53 PM

De-Interlacing in MC 6.01?

whats the best way to de-interlace in 6.01  keep in mind i dont have the bcc pack, only avid fx. 

i have xdcam hd 422 108060i material that looks terribly interlaced when exporting a quicktime in rgb for web use. 

i ama'd in and transcoded to dnxhd 220. 

shottakes place in front of a green screen, used spectramate with a jpeg underneath, key looks great to me but those bloody lines in the export are killing me! 

• Fri, Mar 2 2012 5:30 PM In reply to

Re: De-Interlacing in MC 6.01?

Video Mixdown. Add TimeWarp effect to the Mixdown. In TimeWarp, choose Speed 100%, Source Interlaced, Destination Progressive, choose Blended Interpolated or FluidMotion as the effect type.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 2 2012 6:33 PM In reply to

just to clarify.. mix down the key and bckground together? then add timeawrp ? 

• Mon, Mar 5 2012 1:28 PM In reply to

• udosauer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • Posts 448
    • Points 5,305

Hello,

i suggest to let the encoder do the deinterlacing.

Export as quicktime-ref. Open it in squeeze and add the deinterlace filter.

If you are on a pc you could use avisynth for preprocessing, too (there are a lot of deinterlacers you can use).

regards,

Udo

2x HP Z800 with Mojo DX and MC7.0 | 1x HP Z800 with Nitris DX and MC7.0+SYM-Option | 1x Unity MEFC5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 5 2012 1:30 PM In reply to

I think Udo has a good point. If you want to do it inside MC, yes, mixdown the entire thing first.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 5 2012 7:34 PM In reply to

awesome, thank you guys for the help! gonna tick with de-interlacing after the fact, as the render times is huge for the timewarp method

thanks again! 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller