Latest post Thu, Jul 22 2010 6:19 PM by KK721. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 22 2010 12:44 AM

• KK721
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 21 2010
    • Posts 35
    • Points 475

Quarantined Files

Hi --

I have created an audio & video mixdown and have them group cliped on my system.

Took the mxf file corresponding to the audio/video mixdowns over to another system and added it to their avid mediafiles folder.  Upon launching their avid I get CM_invalid trim on just the audio mixdown mxf files and asks me if I want to quarantine them, which I did.

When loading the group clip in the source monitor, video plays fine, but no audio.

What I have done:

1. created a new bin and did the audio mixdowns again, brought over the new mxf's for the audio mixdowns to the other system, same problem, but this time I didn't quarantine them and it works fine.

2. Prior to launching avid I deleted the databases, same problem, didn't quarantine, files work fine.

ALSO, the mixdowns work fine on my system, only when I take it to the other system this problem occurs.

Just wanted to know if I need to do anything else??

***We are using Media Composer 5.0.0  Mac 8 core OSX 10.6.3

My system does not have Matrox MX02, but the other system does

Should I be doing something else or I can just move on...

Thanks,

K

Mac OSX 10.6.3 Media Composer 5.0.3 Sonnet Drive connect via ESATA matrox mini [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 22 2010 9:44 AM In reply to

• Evan Schiff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,460

Re: Quarantined Files

Well, someone else should kick in their 2c with a proper solution if there is one, but I'll just say I've had a very similar problem to yours and "solved it" the same way. For me, anytime I've rendered a Time Shift or Time Compression AudioSuite plugin, I'll get the exact same error as you if I have to rebuild the databases for any reason. Even if the render files worked perfectly before rescanning a drive, Avid would still want to Quarantine them. If I did the quarantine, obviously they went offline. If I didn't, everything was great.

So long story short, I have no idea what the cause is, but I've finished out multiple shows on MC 2.8.x, 3.0.x and 3.5.x by ignoring Avid's quarantine suggestion and have had no problems at all.

MC 7.0.0, OSX 10.8.4 Retina Macbook Pro Blackmagic Mini Monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 22 2010 4:10 PM In reply to

That what I would suggest.  We get errors whenever moving files in the finder in 5.x.  When the database is rescanned, we Ignore All, and it works just fine.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Jul 22 2010 6:19 PM In reply to

• KK721
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 21 2010
    • Posts 35
    • Points 475

Great thanks for chiming in. One less thing to worry about.

I will continue with what I've been doing. Appreciate the response.

K

Mac OSX 10.6.3 Media Composer 5.0.3 Sonnet Drive connect via ESATA matrox mini [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller