Latest post Tue, Mar 5 2019 4:44 PM by frediko. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 11 2010 1:22 PM

• pebe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 22 2010
    • Warsaw, Poland
    • Posts 34
    • Points 465

"Remove Match Frame Edits" problem (solved)

I have an edit point in a clip and it's definetly a match frame edit, but I can't remove it.
    I mark in and out around it, the track it on, I click "Remove Match Frame Edits" and nothing happens.
    What am I doing wrong?

Avid Media Composer 4.0.2 | AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2,2 GHz | Foxconn A690GM2MA | 2GB A-data DDR2 | Palit GF 8600GT 256MB DD3 Sonic+ | HDD Samsung 1TB ... [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, May 11 2010 1:24 PM In reply to

Re: "Remove Match Frame Edits" not working

Since the edit has a red mark, it means that something on either side of this edit is different, even thought the footage itself is continuous. For example, one side may have an effect, or a clip level, or automation gain applied to it, different from the other side.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 11 2010 1:38 PM In reply to

• pebe
    • Not Ranked
    • Warsaw, Poland
    • Posts 34
    • Points 465

Ok right, so it's possible to remove it when the mark is white, so when there's no effects. Now it's working. Thanks.

Avid Media Composer 4.0.2 | AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2,2 GHz | Foxconn A690GM2MA | 2GB A-data DDR2 | Palit GF 8600GT 256MB DD3 Sonic+ | HDD Samsung 1TB ... [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, May 11 2010 1:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,558
    • Points 255,250
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Pebe,

I agree with Job on this.

Try the following.
    It might help.

Hold down CTRL and click the mouse button as near to the "edit" as possible.
    The cursor should snap to it.

Then click on the "remove effects" icon. Looks like a "no-entry" sign in your tool-bar above the timeline.

If that works, the red mark will disappear and you should be able to carry out the "Remove Match Frame Edits"

Good luck,

Regards,

Douglas

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 11 2010 1:44 PM In reply to

• pebe
    • Not Ranked
    • Warsaw, Poland
    • Posts 34
    • Points 465

Yeah I know now, problem solved, thank you both:)

• Mon, Mar 26 2012 8:21 AM In reply to

What's disappointing is that the effect preventing Remove Match Frame Edits from working can be the motion effect automatically added by MC when using source media with a different frame rate than the project's frame rate.

This really limits Mix and Match. We should be able to remove match frame edits when the clip's frame rate does not equal the project frame rate.

Which makes me wonder, "How do we remove match frame edits when working with a Mix and Match sequence?" Thanks.

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Mon, Mar 26 2012 10:47 AM In reply to

BobbyMurcerFan:

What's disappointing is that the effect preventing Remove Match Frame Edits from working can be the motion effect automatically added by MC when using source media with a different frame rate than the project's frame rate.

This really limits Mix and Match. We should be able to remove match frame edits when the clip's frame rate does not equal the project frame rate.

Which makes me wonder, "How do we remove match frame edits when working with a Mix and Match sequence?" Thanks.

That can't be the case. If a motion adapters been added and you have a true match frame edit then each side of the edit must have the same content in terms of frame rate etc and so should both have green dot motion adapters. If one side has a green dot and the otehr doesn't then they can't be the same media and frame rate!

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Mon, Mar 26 2012 4:48 PM In reply to

Pat, one would think so, but it is the case Sad. While both sides do have green dot motion adapters, the match frame indicator is red. And I can't figure out how to remove the match frame.

Below is the project settings:

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Mon, Mar 26 2012 5:03 PM In reply to

Below is a new clip added to the timeline. All I did was add an edit. The match frame indicator is red. I tried removing it by setting an In and Out and choosing Remove Match Frame Edits, but no dice.

• Mon, Mar 26 2012 9:56 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,427
    • Points 98,115

There is a speed change effect on that clip, BMF.  Under those circumstances you will always get the red lines.

The reason is that with any speed change you can't guarantee that at an outgoing edit you will have a whole frame.  This applies even if the speed change is just a conversion from interlaced to progressive or vice versa.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 26 2012 10:03 PM In reply to

When adding an "add edit" to any clip with ANY effect on it, the add edit icon will be red, and cannot be removed using "remove match frame edits", unless you remove the effect.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Mar 26 2012 11:15 PM In reply to

I do realzie that the motion effect is causing the lack of ability to remove the match frame. But it seems like an unreasonable restriction.

Surely MC "knows" what field I placed the edit on. If it's the first, which it is, there is no split field issue and the match frame should be removable.

• Tue, Mar 27 2012 1:24 AM In reply to

jwrl:
    There is a speed change effect on that clip, BMF.  Under those circumstances you will always get the red lines.

The reason is that with any speed change you can't guarantee that at an outgoing edit you will have a whole frame.  This applies even if the speed change is just a conversion from interlaced to progressive or vice versa.

I'm not sure that I follow you.

FWIU, MC can't create an edit that splits fields. In Effect Mode, you can step through frame by frame, or map the Move Forward/Backward 1 Field buttons to the keyboard. But neither way lets you add edits on the field level. Edits always start at field 1, AFAIK.

• Tue, Mar 27 2012 5:04 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,427
    • Points 98,115

jwrl:

The reason is that with any speed change you can't guarantee that at an outgoing edit you will have a whole frame.

BobbyMurcerFan:
    I'm not sure that I follow you.

FWIU, MC can't create an edit that splits fields. In Effect Mode, you can step through frame by frame, or map the Move Forward/Backward 1 Field buttons to the keyboard. But neither way lets you add edits on the field level. Edits always start at field 1, AFAIK.

You're quite right, edits do always start on field 1.  But with any sort of speed change the outgoing edit may be on either field 1 or 2 or even a synthetisized field.  Either way you are still cutting in the middle of an effect, and Avid won't allow you to simplify that.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 27 2012 6:43 AM In reply to

So the answer is chaneg the sequence frame rate to match the source clip in question then remove the match frame and then chaneg frame rate back? Seems a bit uphill!

Of course the simple fix is to just trim the match frame out which ever end is closer....

This is of course a legacy hangover. MC never had motion adpater to allow mixed frame rates and the addition of them had to be done in away that allowed forwards and backwards version support. This is another case of less than ideal functionality traded against robust and powerful version support. And I still favour being able to move projects backwards and forwards relatively easily against otehr systems that make that difficult or impossible but have the freedom to make radical changes.
    Who needs tracks anyway :-)

HP Z840 3.1GHZ 20cores 128GB RAM M4000 GPU 1TB NVMe drive HP Z book 17 G2 2.7GHZ Quad core 32GB RAM Nvidia K3100M 1TB SSD drive ACI Moderator. I'm... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller