Latest post Tue, Mar 30 2010 8:01 PM by Kevin Klimek. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 29 2010 9:20 PM

• kta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 9 2008
    • California
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,900

Sharing Bins between two computers?

Hello,

The project I'm working on requires me to be working from two places at once of a shared external/portable media drive.

I will be carrying the media drive with me daily from location A-B, I would like to find out how do I keep my project in sync between the two computers?

Do i just go to Avid Attic on Computer A, and pull out the bins that are needed, and email/send them to the other computer and insert them back into the the same location in the Avid Attic on Computer B?

Thank You.

Kevin

Media Composer 3.1.1, MacBook Pro, 4gig RAM, OSX Leapord 10.5.7 [view my complete system specs]

- Kevin

• Mon, Mar 29 2010 9:37 PM In reply to

Re: Sharing Bins between two computers?

The concept is correct, but I'd recommend copying/e-mailing the actual Bins from within the Avid Project Folder.  The Attic copies may or may not be up-to-date.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Mon, Mar 29 2010 9:46 PM In reply to

• kta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 9 2008
    • California
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,900

Thanks Randall.

That's a fantastic little function right there.

You were absolutely right, the avid attic file was not up to date Sad I guess I'm going have to do it right this time tomorrow.

Media Composer 3.1.1, MacBook Pro, 4gig RAM, OSX Leapord 10.5.7 [view my complete system specs]

- Kevin

• Tue, Mar 30 2010 8:01 PM In reply to

I would also strongly suggest ZIPping or Compressing the files before sending.  E-mail programs have away of corrupting an attached bin if it's not in a compressed container.

On OS 10.5, you can right-click (control-click) on a folder and select "Compress."  Then send that compressed version as your e-mail attachment.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller