Latest post Mon, Jan 18 2010 8:15 PM by Neil J. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jan 16 2010 7:22 PM

• jeddy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 25 2006
    • Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    • Posts 23
    • Points 335

Audio sync issue mpeg4 export

I am having trouble getting audio to sync with video with a mpeg4 export.

Adrenaline Media Composer 2.2.26 PC-HP8200 HD Card in DNA 2 Gb ram [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 16 2010 7:33 PM In reply to

• Jayanta
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 6 2007
    • India
    • Posts 1,504
    • Points 16,440

Re: Audio sync issue mpeg4 export

Please give Your System Specs and Problem Detail. By the way tou can try enabling Locked Audio in the Audio setting?

All Sorts of System as I am a freelance Editor [view my complete system specs]

"Out of mud the lovely Lotus Blooms, Out of Strife something higher vies "

• Sat, Jan 16 2010 10:49 PM In reply to

• jeddy
    • Not Ranked
    • Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    • Posts 23
    • Points 335

What additional specs do you want? I did not see a lock audio dialog box.

Adrenaline Media Composer 2.2.26 PC-HP8200 HD Card in DNA 2 Gb ram [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jan 17 2010 3:18 AM In reply to

• Jayanta
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 6 2007
    • India
    • Posts 1,504
    • Points 16,440

I am not in front of MC  now there is a Popup Box in the Settings, In yhr pop up Box you can change Auddio to Locked or Unloked. But if your Timeline has no Audio Sync issue you can Export QT reference and Encode that in Squeze.

All Sorts of System as I am a freelance Editor [view my complete system specs]

"Out of mud the lovely Lotus Blooms, Out of Strife something higher vies "

• Sun, Jan 17 2010 8:33 PM In reply to

• jeddy
    • Not Ranked
    • Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    • Posts 23
    • Points 335

I found the lock unlock you referred to. It is DV audio pattern ( locked/unlocked ) This is an import of an MPEG4. I am trying to export a program with closed captioning and quicktime does not pass closed captioning. I also need to FTP this file so I need to compress this file. When I re-import my exported file the audio leads the video. When I play the file on my workstation it is in sync, any ideas?

• Sun, Jan 17 2010 10:08 PM In reply to

• Neil J
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 576
    • Points 7,535

Not too clear what the problem is here. Have you successfully created a file which plays back fine on your desktop but which, when imported into MC, is not in sync?

Can you clarify your workflow, please?

• Sun, Jan 17 2010 10:19 PM In reply to

• jeddy
    • Not Ranked
    • Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    • Posts 23
    • Points 335

Yes that is exactly right.

• Sun, Jan 17 2010 10:30 PM In reply to

• Neil J
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 576
    • Points 7,535

OK so how did you go about doing it? Need a little more info...

• Sun, Jan 17 2010 10:38 PM In reply to

• jeddy
    • Not Ranked
    • Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    • Posts 23
    • Points 335

I have a 30 minute program ( 21 minutes of content ) that is edited on MC. I then export as an MPEG 4. I am close to getting the file the size I need and keeping the closed captioning intact. If I play the file on the workstation audio is in sync but if I import the file into the AVID to check for quality and confirm closed captioning the audio leads the video.

• Mon, Jan 18 2010 12:37 AM In reply to

• gumbycat99
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 6 2008
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 588
    • Points 7,080

Is the audio offset by a certain amount? Or is it in sync at the beginning and getting worse as the clip goes on? You could check by putting an audio/video pip (1 frame colour bars and 1 frame tone) at the beginning and also at the end of the clip, and maybe one somewhere in the middle.

If it starts in sync and begins to slide as it goes on then maybe the audio is being imported with the wrong sample rate (e.g. coming in at 44.1 khz when it should be 48khz). That could be a wild guess but if you do the test it may help pinpoint the issue.

cheers

Campbell

8.5 on a mongrel PC, Win 7, QT7.5, Nvidia GTX 970, 16Gb RAM, SSD, NAS for raw media and a Macbook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 18 2010 2:40 AM In reply to

• jeddy
    • Not Ranked
    • Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    • Posts 23
    • Points 335

Upon further review it appears that it is skipping the parts without audio. The last clip I tested had the silent part between the tone and the beginning of the program. After I imported the file back into MC it went right from tone to the program audio. Does this tell us something?

• Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:03 AM In reply to

• gumbycat99
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 6 2008
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 588
    • Points 7,080

Just that something very odd is going on. What settings are you using to export the file? If you change any of them( particularly I'm thinking you could use a different audio compression setting), what happens then?

Just to confirm, you say that it plays correctly on you desktop (what program? quicktime? vlc?), but when you import it back into MC then silent parts of the audio get skipped - right?

cheers

Campbell

8.5 on a mongrel PC, Win 7, QT7.5, Nvidia GTX 970, 16Gb RAM, SSD, NAS for raw media and a Macbook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:14 AM In reply to

• jeddy
    • Not Ranked
    • Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    • Posts 23
    • Points 335

correct. I am going to try an audio mixdown prior to export right now. The audio settings on the export are AAC-LC - STEREO - 128KBPS - 48.KHZ. On the desktop I'm using QT.

• Mon, Jan 18 2010 8:15 PM In reply to

• Neil J
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Posts 576
    • Points 7,535

Do you have filler as black in your sequence? Between tone & programme? If so replace that with a black title or do a video mixdown - see if that helps.

What are you using to compress the file? A QT ref file through Squeeze or some other way?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller