Latest post Tue, Dec 22 2009 10:05 PM by Evan Schiff. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 22 2009 4:56 PM

Unable to Copy to Another Bin

I've been seeing this behavior in several versions now, but I'm not sure if it's just our system or whether others are seeing this as well.

Sometimes, I am unable to ALT+drag a sequence or clip to another bin.  I let go, but the sequence flies back to the original bin.  Only restarting the app clears this issue.

We do run our systems on extenders, with an axillary monitor in our machine room.  I do notice odd behaviors once in a while when you are monitoring that system, probably because in essence, two keyboards are simultaneously attached.  But this happens when the system is not being looked at in the machine room as well.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this.  Or are we just stuck with this fluke...

Thanks!

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:41 PM In reply to

• Mark Renz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 21 2006
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Posts 1,043
    • Points 13,070

Re: Unable to Copy to Another Bin

I see this problem occasionally on the Mac version also. I also have extenders on the system but don't have a secondary monitor in the chain.  I am on 4.0.2 currently but have also been seeing this for several versions.

Media Composer Nitris DX 2018.12.15 with Symphony option Win10 64Gb Ram * Media Composer 8.8 with Symphony option Nitris DX Dual 2.66GHz "Westmere"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 22 2009 10:05 PM In reply to

• Evan Schiff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,460

Re: Unable to Copy to Another Bin

It's been a while since I've encountered this, but if I remember right try creating (and then deleting) a blank sequence in the bin you're having trouble with. Then try to alt-drag into the bin again and see if it works. I think this is what I used to do when I had this problem.

Hope it helps

--Evan

MC 7.0.0, OSX 10.8.4 Retina Macbook Pro Blackmagic Mini Monitor [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller