Latest post Tue, Jan 27 2009 2:24 AM by Evan Schiff. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 26 2009 9:02 PM

• KellyG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 2 2008
    • Posts 3
    • Points 30

Pasting audio keyframes from one clip to another

I'm using MC 3.0 on a Mac.

Several music clips were captured at 44.1 sample rate, and have to be converted to match the 48 sample rate that everything else is in.

I know how to create a new clip with the changed sample rate, but it would be great to take all the attributes from the old 44.1 clip and apply them to the new 48 clip.  i.e.  I've added quite a few audio keyframes and adjusted the volume up and down where appropriate.  It's a pain to have to apply each and every new keyframe to the new clip and remix.

Is there a simple way to do this?  I've come up empty in my searching so far.

• Mon, Jan 26 2009 11:58 PM In reply to

Re: Pasting audio keyframes from one clip to another

You could try deleting the media files for the clips in your timeline, then batch capture them using the new sampling rate - you may need to specify this in your user capture settings - I'm not at my Avid right now to walk it through. After the batch capture, the media will be restored to your timeline with all keyframing intact.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Jan 27 2009 12:15 AM In reply to

• KellyG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 2 2008
    • Posts 3
    • Points 30

Actually yes, that's a good idea.  I thought there might be a way to literally copy all the keyframe attributes in the clip and paste them since the new clip would be the exact same length. 

But, I'll do the batch capture route.  That should work.  Thanks for your reply.

• Tue, Jan 27 2009 12:24 AM In reply to

There actually is a way to copy and paste keyframes as a group for video effects using the advanced keyframer interface, but AFAIK, not for audio. This video has a section on it.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Jan 27 2009 2:24 AM In reply to

• Evan Schiff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 120
    • Points 1,460

When selecting Change Sample Rate on your master music clips, if you select Delete Original Media (ie trash the 44.1 media files and keep the new 48 only), I think that will do what you want. All of your volume, pan, and keyframe info should remain the same, and the clips in your timeline will switch automatically to the new 48k media files.

--Evan

MC 7.0.0, OSX 10.8.4 Retina Macbook Pro Blackmagic Mini Monitor [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller