Latest post Wed, Oct 15 2008 12:16 AM by Kimmiemate. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 24 2008 2:31 PM

Kona LHe card & firewire - which slots?

I've gone through the posts as to how to put FCPro and Avid with Mojo on the same computer (separate boot drives).  All is going well except I can't seem to find the answer to which slots I should put the Kona card and my firewire card into. I think it is Firewire in the first slot and Kona in 4. Can anyone kindly confirm this for me?

Kim

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 2:36 PM In reply to

Re: Kona LHe card & firewire - which slots?

What type of machine?  G5, Harpertown MacPro or Clovertown McPro?

Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Motion Inc

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 2:44 PM In reply to

Sorry,  it is a hHarpertown 2.8 Quad-core MacPro.

Kim

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 3:11 PM In reply to

Kim

I typed "mac pro slot" into the Knowledge Base and this was the first hit. Download the appropraite PDF and it should answer all your questions.

Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 3:37 PM In reply to

Thanks you Todd,

Yes of course I did find that, and it does say that the firewire card goes in slot 4, but does this work in a scenario with a Kona card in a slot as well?  If it does, then I guess it's firewire in slot 4 and Kona in slot 3 as Kona recommends?

Kim

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 4:45 PM In reply to

I'm not really sure to be perfectly honest, since I do not use a Kona card.  That said, it seems to me you should utilize the 16x slot(2) for the Kona.  Is there a reason not to?  Is the card only 4x capable anyway?  Perhaps someone else here knows?

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 5:12 PM In reply to

Kimmimate,

I'm running the same setup. I have the Kona LHe in slot 2 as per AJA's recommendation. Apple changed the specs for Harpertown and didn't tell anyone. (how unusual) I've had no problems in this configuration.

Best regards,
    Lawrence Jordan
    HDFilmtools.com

MacPro Quad 2.66 12GB RAM 500GB System Drive, Avid Media Composer 5.0, 1 TB Internal RAID, Dulce Systems 8TB Fibre Channel RAID - Striped RAID 5, Dulce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 24 2008 7:38 PM In reply to

Thanks Lawrence,

So that is firewire in Slot 4 and Kona in slot 2 then?

KIm

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 7:57 PM In reply to

• Wed, Sep 24 2008 8:08 PM In reply to

Thank You Todd!

Everything I was finding was saying slot 3, so I was a little dubious.  That's it then.

Thanks all,

Kim

• Wed, Oct 15 2008 12:16 AM In reply to

Ok guys, I just threw a g-tech eS into the mix! If firewire in Slot 4 and Kona in slot 2, then the e-sata card in slot 3?   Thanks,Kim

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller