Latest post Sat, Aug 2 2008 1:49 PM by RedArrowRyan. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 1 2008 11:26 AM

• Tentaor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 15 2007
    • Posts 53
    • Points 610

Add a transition with a audio clip incluided?

Hi!

It´s possible to add a transition with a audio clip incluided?

I have a transition preset and a audio clip but i have to edit them in two times. Any tip to improve this workflow.

Thanks!

Sorry for my poor English!

Media Composer 2022.7 MAC STUDIO MAX 64GB MAC OS 12.3.1 Monterey /// IMAC 27 LATE 2013 32 GB RAM MAC OS Catalina 10.15.7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 1 2008 2:21 PM In reply to

Re: Add a transition with a audio clip incluided?

If I understand your question correctly, yes a transition (like a dissolve) can be placed between any two clips, video or audio or both, SO LONG as you leave enough "handle" footage - that is, frames before you mark in and frames after your mark out - so the transition can be executed. For example, a 30 frame dissolve would require at least 30 frames of material after the mark out of clip 1 and at least 30 frames of material before the mark in of clip 2.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Aug 1 2008 2:38 PM In reply to

I thnk he's asking if when he applies a transition that the sound effect for that transition also be automatically placed in the timeline.

And as far an I know the answer is "no". 

For some effects that are actually clips (titles, Borris effects placed on filler, things like that) that I have sound effects underneath, I usally place them in the timeline where I want them and then make a subclip of the video and audio tracks for that effect.  Then I can load that subclip into the souce monitor and cut it in anywhere I want with the sound and video already married and in sync.  But I don't know of a way to do that for a transition effect that you will be addeding to exisiting footage in the timeline.

Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 2 2008 11:05 AM In reply to

• Tentaor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 15 2007
    • Posts 53
    • Points 610

Hi again!

My question it´s that "mr difficult" said.

I understand, it´s may be not possible.

I use a worflow similar to you to add clips and audio toghether but i use a sequence with it and not a subclip. Any vantage to use subclips?

Thanks!

Media Composer 2022.7 MAC STUDIO MAX 64GB MAC OS 12.3.1 Monterey /// IMAC 27 LATE 2013 32 GB RAM MAC OS Catalina 10.15.7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 2 2008 1:49 PM In reply to

When I said Subclip I meant Sequence. I said subclip because that's the button I push to make it.

Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller