Latest post Mon, Apr 21 2008 10:23 AM by sep. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 14 2008 10:01 PM

• eseo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 7 2008
    • LA
    • Posts 34
    • Points 585

letters spinning effect?

Does anyone know of a way to make words/letters spin on marquee or title tool?  Just the words, not the entire frame...similar to a Z spin, but with just the words spinning and not the entire frame.

thx

WinXP Pro; HPxw8200;MC2.7.5;Quadra FX1400; 3GB Ram [view my complete system specs]

• Mon, Apr 14 2008 10:45 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,780

Re: letters spinning effect?

There's a german plug in called Heroglyph which does this FX smoothly.. .

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Mon, Apr 14 2008 10:59 PM In reply to

• Freddy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 5 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 256
    • Points 3,110
    • Avid Employee

You should be able to do this in marquee, if you create a box for each word. then you can animate them individually.

There is a one hour free training of marquee here:

http://learn.avid.com/content/tutorials/

:)

http://www.freddylinks.com <-- Find EVERYTHING Avid and Tutorials there. Probably the most comprehensive Avid only webpage with over 2000+ Links to Avid Video Tutorials and Avid Information for Media Composer, NewsCutter, Symphony, Interplay, ISIS, Unity MediaNetwork, ProTools, Avid Artist Series. Completely free of fees, registrations, and ads.

• Tue, Apr 15 2008 11:43 AM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,780

I am not a Marquee expert, I gave up a while ago, too slow IMO, (apply a shwadow to a title...and renderAngry) and not really "intuitive".

this FX is probably feasible using Marquee, but I can state I can do this in less than 30 seconds with Heroglyph.

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

• Thu, Apr 17 2008 3:48 PM In reply to

• bosoxfan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 25 2008
    • Posts 13
    • Points 195

Not enitrely sure as I quit using Marquee long ago ( way too slow.. you would think Avid would redevolop it) but I believe there is actually a template along these lines in Marquee..

• Fri, Apr 18 2008 12:21 AM In reply to

I too, like Sep and Bosoxfan, hardly ever use Marquee anymore - same reasons (and Herogylph just rocks!).  The templates (or scripts) in Marquee are woefully sparse, which is a shame.  And of course there's the whole rendering out saga (whereas Heroglytyh is real-time (shamelss plug).

However, a long time ago I did make a template for a spinning letter effect that was a complete bodge, but ok looking.  Happy to email you it.

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Fri, Apr 18 2008 9:46 AM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,780

Happy you share my opinion about Heroglyph, Ra-ey, basically is considered as a non profesional plug in, I however can state,II use it frequently. 

sep

• Fri, Apr 18 2008 11:00 AM In reply to

• Blue Crow
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 23 2006
    • London
    • Posts 498
    • Points 5,965

Great links guys Yes

I'm hopefully getting a new 4.0 in April. [view my complete system specs]

If this job was easy it wouldn't be any fun.

• Fri, Apr 18 2008 11:32 AM In reply to

sep:

Happy you share my opinion about Heroglyph, Ra-ey, basically is considered as a non profesional plug in, I however can state,II use it frequently. 

Hey Sep - long time! - Yeah, I think that's because that's how they first marketed their products.  That opinion's changing I think.

I also think it's so cheap no one can believe it Professional!

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Fri, Apr 18 2008 11:51 AM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,780

Blue Crow:

Great links guys Yes

Hi Blue Crow, I am not a Heroglyph share holder, and dont wana do proselytism , but beleive me, this little plug in can do many nice things in a very short time. Yes, it can't be set as a Boris Red title tool, but it's fast, and many presets are avialble, furthermore it's cheap.

sep

• Fri, Apr 18 2008 11:59 AM In reply to

• Sasquatch
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Nottingham England
    • Posts 607
    • Points 7,250

I just had a look at the Heroglyph examples on the website, they look quite poor. Marquee would give nicer looking results if you have the patience to learn it and render it.

HP Z420 16gb FX 1500 MC 8.4.0 Blackmagic deckink 4k extreme HP Z400 24gb FX3800 MC8.4.0 Aja express HP Z400 16gb FX3800 MC8.4.0 Blackmagic deckink 4k... [view my complete system specs]

Mike Kruft. Nottingham, UK

• Fri, Apr 18 2008 12:20 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,780

This is a very hurried reflection, you may download a trial version and try it, I can surely state that the "poor "designation is wrong and rather offending to people who created this plug ins.

sep

• Fri, Apr 18 2008 12:38 PM In reply to

Sasquatch:

I just had a look at the Heroglyph examples on the website, they look quite poor. Marquee would give nicer looking results if you have the patience to learn it and render it.

I have to agree with Sep.  I have read the Marquee manual from cover to cover and have used it for years, yet I still find the presets (or scripts as they call them) severely lacking.  And the I/O process long-winded.

Heroglyth has literally hundreds of presets, each can be customised, and they're all real-time.

To be honest, I recommend you take Sep's advice and download the free demo before you make a such a sweeping disparaging statement.

But then, it's a free country...

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Fri, Apr 18 2008 7:02 PM In reply to

• bosoxfan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 25 2008
    • Posts 13
    • Points 195

Sasquatch:

this would require a *TON* of patience.. Marquee is so antiquated.

As was stated earlier though, to each their own.

• Fri, Apr 18 2008 10:15 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,780

Ra-ey Saleh:

I have to agree with Sep. 

Happy you agree with me, I would just like to add that I am very watchful to all what can improve title animations. I have also bought separate Marquee "scriipts" (I do not recommend to others), I frequently use Boris Red title tool, obviously Heroglyph, Title Deko. I can only agree with you, Ra-ey, when you say that Marquee's I/O process is long-winded. I admit that very nice things may be done with this software (Marquee), but it's architecture belongs to an earlier generation of NLE's.

sep

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller