Latest post Thu, Apr 24 2008 6:59 PM by TowerFan. 276 replies.
Page 1 of 19 (277 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 9 2008 1:36 PM

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,780

Is Adrenaline dead ?

http://www.hdhead.com/?p=139

Seems DX generation will kill it ! 

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Wed, Apr 9 2008 1:57 PM In reply to

Re: Is Adrenaline dead ?

Which is not so weird, considering Adrenaline is a pretty old product. I don't think ABVB lasted 5 years, I think Adrenaline was introduced 5 years after the introduction of Meridien.

And the new DX boxes seem to give you choice. Not sure what a Mojo DX looks like, but it could well be a good substitute for an Adrenaline. Plus MC users may choose to use Nitris DX rather, without going Symphony. Still not sure how MC-NitrisDX and SymphonyNitrisDX will compare, price wise and feature wise.

And the website mentions a price that puts SNDX around the same price point as MCA-HD when it was introduced.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 9 2008 2:26 PM In reply to

Here's another interesting article.

http://www.digitalproductionbuzz.com/news.php?newsid=1668

This is good news for my post house.  We are looking to start HD onlines sometime early this fall. I'm glad to hear this news.  I'd love to start seeing some price points for the Mojo DX, and I'd love to see some new tech specs on system configurations. I guess people can stop asking if it will Avid will run on Vista now.

Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 9 2008 2:52 PM In reply to

My guess would be if Adrenaline survives, Avid will finally include the uncompressed HD board that was initially mentioned several NABs ago.

The line would be

Mojo

Mojo DX

Adrenaline (with PCI-e uncompress HD option?)

Nitris DX

Nitris

MC 2021.6, W10, MSI X299M, Intel 9940X, Gigabyte 2080Ti Waterforce, 64GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2019, OSX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 9 2008 3:05 PM In reply to

• fiendish
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 528
    • Points 6,465

Adrenaline can't survive with DX breathing down its neck...at last the bottle neck of firewire is gone! The curse of every DNA product. Lovely PCIe here we come!

z840 dual E5-2667v3@3.20GHz / 32GB ram / Quadro M5000 / MC 2019.12 / BM Decklink Studio 2 // i7-2600k Home Build / 8GB ram / MC 2018.12 xw8600 Dual Quad... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 9 2008 3:07 PM In reply to

• Freddy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 5 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 256
    • Points 3,110
    • Avid Employee

I wonder wat will be on www.avid.com early next week? Yes Big Smile

http://www.freddylinks.com <-- Find EVERYTHING Avid and Tutorials there. Probably the most comprehensive Avid only webpage with over 2000+ Links to Avid Video Tutorials and Avid Information for Media Composer, NewsCutter, Symphony, Interplay, ISIS, Unity MediaNetwork, ProTools, Avid Artist Series. Completely free of fees, registrations, and ads.

• Wed, Apr 9 2008 3:24 PM In reply to

Avid will be hosting a customer function in Las Vegas on Sunday night, and I'm sure all of the news will break on Monday.

Stay tuned...there will be alot to talk about next week!

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Apr 9 2008 3:40 PM In reply to

• Wed, Apr 9 2008 3:46 PM In reply to

My guess would be if Adrenaline survives

The article is pretty clear: no more Adrenaline If you look at the quoted alledged pricing of Symphony Nitris, it would seem to me that MCA can be replaced by either MC-Mojo DX or MC-Nitris DX, at a fair price. That pretty much rules out the necessity of Adrenaline-with-Uncompressed-HD-board.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 9 2008 4:05 PM In reply to

Job, I did say 'if' and the article is a blog (aka always take it with a grain of salt until official announcement).

I am 90% sold on the idea that Adrenaline is dead. HOWEVER...

1. What happens to the current Adrenaline user base? Trade ups are always nice.

2. Depending on Mojo DX pricing, you can have a huge hole in the Avid product line. [EDITED by Moderator]

3. Avid uncompressed HD is still not until at [EDITED by MODERATOR]

[NOTE: Discussion or speculation of prices of new hardware is not allowed until Avid makes the official announcement next week.]

MC 2021.6, W10, MSI X299M, Intel 9940X, Gigabyte 2080Ti Waterforce, 64GB RAM, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2019, OSX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 9 2008 4:39 PM In reply to

• Solopost
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • California
    • Posts 1,566
    • Points 18,395

TVFilmDirector:
    I would say that the Adrenaline will go the way of the paper weight. 

Meaning it will be a staple on everyones desk? Yes Being extremely useful and cheap. Big Smile

SYS# 1- MC6.5 Mac Pro 2xQuad-Core Intel 3.2Ghz 18Gb Ram OS 10.7.5 2Tb storage (mixed SATA/1394/1394b) SYS# 2- MC6.5 Macbook Pro 2.8Ghz (mid-2009) 4Gb... [view my complete system specs]

My Two Cents .02
    Kent Brockman

• Wed, Apr 9 2008 4:51 PM In reply to

Buying an Adrenaline now obviously is a bad idea. But it's not like suddenly ever Adrenaline already in use around the world is going to stop working. They'll still work and they'll still do the job they were doing just fine. I mean look at how many Meridian systems are still out there in use.  Plenty of post houses are going to keep using the adrenalines they own and continue to make money doing so. There's no need to dump them just to buy the new equipment. Of course if you do decide to dump one, and it's cheap, give me shout.

• Wed, Apr 9 2008 4:57 PM In reply to

• jasperfdo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 11 2006
    • Santa Monica
    • Posts 671
    • Points 8,880

Dom - you are missing a model - is that creating your hole?

MacBook Pro Retina / El Capitan / 16GB RAM / G-Studio Drive System / Media Composer 8.6.x [view my complete system specs]

kyler boudreau | www.theatereleven.com

• Wed, Apr 9 2008 5:04 PM In reply to

Where did TVFilmDirector's post go?  did it get moderated for mentioning price?

EDIT_

Nevermind. I see the moderating is happening.

• Wed, Apr 9 2008 5:09 PM In reply to

Hey guys,

Obviously the cat is out of the bag with the reports of the new product line.  I wasn't at the meeting last night, but prices were NOT supposed to be mentioned, and until Avid has an official release on this, we cannot allow any speculation as to the prices of the new products.

On Sunday night, and probably Monday sometime online, Avid will make this information public.  Until then, you can talk all you want about the new hardware, but DO NOT talk about prices, or I'll have to delete the thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 19 (277 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller