Latest post Sun, Mar 23 2008 12:19 AM by Larry Rubin. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 22 2008 9:57 PM

• AJS1022
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 22 2008
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Toggling and highlighting tracks in timeline

Apologies to post a basic interface question, but I'm very new to Avid and can't seem to find an answer in the Help menu or online. When I toggle a track on in the timeline, it highlights the entire track in one particular sequence I'm working in. There must be a setting that I've activated, but am not sure which. I believe that this is the reason why, when I try to adjust an audio keyframe in the timeline, it effects all of the keyframes within that clip, raising or lowering them all when I only want to raise/lower one, for example. How do I make it so that when I activate a track with one of the left-hand buttons, it doesn't actually highlight the track? Help is appreciated!
  • Sat, Mar 22 2008 10:08 PM In reply to

Re: Toggling and highlighting tracks in timeline

I believe what you are seeing is the region between a mark in and a mark out on the timeline, which displays as deep purple. If you don't want to see this region, go to your timeline settings and disable "show marked region".

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Mar 22 2008 11:35 PM In reply to

• AJS1022
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 22 2008
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Thanks for the response. The problem wasn't ins and outs; the entire track would be highlighted with the same color as when you draw a marquee around clips or select a clip in the timeline while in segment mode: that fuschia color. So, for example, if you activated all of the tracks with the record buttons on the left, the timeline would look like a huge pink block. However, I tried adjusting the "show marked region" setting anyway to see what would happen and it fixed the problem. I can now activate a track without highlighting anything in that track. I really appreciate the quick response! Thanks so much!
  • Sun, Mar 23 2008 12:19 AM In reply to

You're quite welcome. Glad to help.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller