Latest post Thu, Apr 18 2024 10:20 AM by Philip Kapadia. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 17 2024 8:12 PM

Download full version of MC

I downloaded MC First but am unable to import MXF files (using exercise files from a LinkedIn Learning course). I think I need to use the full version of MC instead but every time I try to download MC (from the Avid website or Avid Link), it only downloads MC First. 

Can anyone please point me to the correct download link? I'm not sure why it's so difficult to find the full version.

• Thu, Apr 18 2024 7:08 AM In reply to

Re: Download full version of MC

julesnurrish:
    Can anyone please point me to the correct download link?

Here you go:

https://my.avid.com/esd/Product/Information/7

Media Composer 2024.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Apr 18 2024 10:20 AM In reply to

Re: Download full version of MC

Just to be clear, 

Media Composer First's and Media Composer Enterprise/Ultimate installers are exactly the same. You could run both on the same install.  

The featureset is defined on launch through the activation status. 

If you need to change from First to Media Composer Ultimate (perhaps you had first already installed, you purchased ultimate, and now need to switch) you would activate MC Ultimate in Avid Link, then launch Media Composer and hold W, then hit electronic activation with Avid Link

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller