Latest post Fri, Apr 5 2024 3:36 AM by Robert Martindale. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 4 2024 9:33 PM

• Wren
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Toronto
    • Posts 99
    • Points 1,375

Isolating BCC effect to single layer

Hi there, 

Working on latest Avid MC.  Working with an imported title in two parts along with a BG.  I want to sweep the firat part of the title on from the left and use a BCC Channel Blur dissolve, and then bring the 2nd part of the title on with the same effect.  The issue is the BCC blur affects the layer below.  So the BG gets blurred with the first title, and when the 2nd title comes on it blurs everything belos - including the first part of the title.  Is there a way of having BCC only affect the layer it is applied to?  Thanks in advance!

Ted

System A: iMac 2019 5K Retina, 3.5 GHz Intel Corei9, 64 GB RAM, OS 10.14.5 Software: MC 2018.10.0 System B: 3.0 Quad Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB RAM, OS... [view my complete system specs]

"Pisces mortui solum *** flumine natant" - "Only dead fish go with the flow"

• Thu, Apr 4 2024 9:57 PM In reply to

Re: Isolating BCC effect to single layer

I think you need to check the Apply to Title Matte box in the settings for your chosen effect. Also if you are applying the effect to a matte then don't Alt+drag the clip on to it, just drag it straight on top. This is counter-intuitive to how you usually stack effects but once you check the Title Matte box it should respect just the matte below it and not affect the background. 

Andi

HP ZBook G6 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 9th Gen Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB 64GB RAM Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2022.10 MacbookPro 15 2019 6 core 2.6GHz i9 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 5 2024 3:36 AM In reply to

Re: Isolating BCC effect to single layer

great tip....works just like you said...

this is true for New Blue FX as well.....but the AVID FX need to be put on after the matte is stepped into, as usual.....is this applying to title matte function a universal atribute of aftermarket filters for AVID, by design?

I9-NVidia3060-160ram-WIN11PRO-MC23.12-NewBlueFX-Photoshop-Shutter Encoder-Boris Continuum 12.5-VLC Player [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller