Latest post Tue, Mar 26 2024 9:25 AM by Job ter Burg. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 24 2024 8:20 AM

• Mikel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Israel
    • Posts 203
    • Points 2,420

How to flip animated graphic keyed with alpha on one track without changing anything on video layers below?

Hi

I used to do such things in the past and forgot how to do the above.

I have in track 1 a video and on track 2 I have an animation of lower third that is keyed with matte key  ontop the track 1.

I want to change the orientation of the lower third track without impacting the video layer below.

I remember that there is a way to enter into the animation layer effect and do somthig with the internal layers of the track and by that disconnect it from the video track below. So any change I will do in the second track animation – like flip effect will not change the video track below.

Can some one help me on that please.

Thank You

Michael

• Sun, Mar 24 2024 7:16 PM In reply to

Re: How to flip animated graphic keyed with alpha on one track without changing anything on video layers below?

Step into v2, and add a Flop effect to both the key and the fill.

Or, perhaps faster in this case, and a bit silly, but you could add a flop on a top video layer and also flop the bottom layer. Quick and dirty.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 25 2024 7:59 PM In reply to

• SADevon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 16 2016
    • Devon, UK
    • Posts 26
    • Points 345

Re: How to flip animated graphic keyed with alpha on one track without changing anything on video layers below?

If you open the effects editor on the graphic with alpha channel, at the bottom right of the panel you'll see a 3D button, hit that and then you can rotate 180 in the X axis to do the flip.

MacPro 3.3GHz 12‑core, 96GB, Radeon Pro W5700X, Avid Artist DNxIO, MC Ultimate v2020.12.5, Boris 2022.5, Sapphire 2022.5, Baselight V5.3 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 26 2024 9:17 AM In reply to

Either way works.  Converting to 3D Matte Key adds many options and more complexity.  If all you need is a flip or a flop, then stepping in is easier.

I9-NVidia3060-160ram-WIN11PRO-MC23.12-NewBlueFX-Photoshop-Shutter Encoder-Boris Continuum 12.5-VLC Player [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Mar 26 2024 9:25 AM In reply to

SADevon:

If you open the effects editor on the graphic with alpha channel, at the bottom right of the panel you'll see a 3D button, hit that and then you can rotate 180 in the X axis to do the flip.

^^^ this seems the much cleaner option to me.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller