Latest post Fri, Mar 22 2024 11:44 AM by Robert Martindale. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 21 2024 4:16 PM

• Adrian Redmond
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 302
    • Points 4,180

Disable automatic invocation of Trim Mode?

I very rarely use the Trim mode editor and when I do, I usually select it myself. Therefore it is a constant irritaion that MC automatically changes me into Trim mode when I don't want it. FGor example, if I have the cursor over a clip and press the "Go to next edit" shortcut, the cursor moes to where I want it and the system goes automatically into trim mode. If I don't want this (which is usual) I have to manually deselect trim mode - so having this mode offered to me 100 times a day when I don't want it far outweighs few occasions when automatic invocation might be useful. Is there any way to ask MC not to do this?

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-4650L 8-core HT 2.6GHz CPU with 256GB RAM (192GB available to OS), NVidia Quadro... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

• Thu, Mar 21 2024 7:25 PM In reply to

Re: Disable automatic invocation of Trim Mode?

You should be aware there are two different ways to get the the next cut point. GoTo Next/Previous will take you there AND put you in trim mode, whereas traditional FFW/REW (<< / >>) wil take you to the previous/next cut point without invoking trim mode. 

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 22 2024 11:44 AM In reply to

Re: Disable automatic invocation of Trim Mode?

go to next event, rather than go to next edit, will do what you want

I9-NVidia3060-160ram-WIN11PRO-MC23.12-NewBlueFX-Photoshop-Shutter Encoder-Boris Continuum 12.5-VLC Player [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller