Latest post Sun, Mar 17 2024 12:52 PM by Robert Martindale. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 16 2024 3:41 PM

How do I extend the duration for a clip I have slowed down

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I used as many search terms as I could think of and came up with nothing.

I am using MC 2024.2. I know how to slow down a clip in the timeline, but when I do it does not extend the duration, so the clip gets cut short. Someone suggested changing the speed of the clip BEFORE it goes into the timeline, but my itertion of MC doesn't appear to have a motion control icon that can be applied to the source window.

Again, apologies for cluttering the forum with a question that has undooubtedly been asked before, but I did try a search and came up empty.

Thanks,

Richard

• Sun, Mar 17 2024 12:52 PM In reply to

Re: How do I extend the duration for a clip I have slowed down

Not sure what the exact situation you have but am assuming you applied a speed effect to an existing clip in the timeline.  IE there is a clip already in the timeline and you just slowed it down?

If so, the trick to getting the clip to extend to its full slowed down speed time is to give it some where to grow.  Put the clip on a track with room to the right and then drag a trim roller out to the desired length.

Hope this helps.

I9-NVidia3060-160ram-WIN11PRO-MC23.12-NewBlueFX-Photoshop-Shutter Encoder-Boris Continuum 12.5-VLC Player [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller