Latest post Thu, Mar 7 2024 7:33 PM by Cagney. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 7 2024 12:15 AM

• Cagney
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 21 2020
    • Posts 26
    • Points 310

Error message whilst avid is starting

Hi,

I have just installed windows 10 and media composer 2022.12.6. In addition I installed 2020 versions of Boris continuum, sapphire, mocha pro plugins for avid; newblue titler pro 5, and Izotope post production suite 4 plugins. With regards izotope, I installed all plug-in formats including AAX, but didn't install rtas format as I assume they are for old avid products  

Upon starting media composer, whilst everything is loading I get the message, 'an error occurred in avid media composer. The system and other applications have not been affected' etc. Avid continues to load and start up as normal, I can open a project and all the plugins seem to still work without issue inside avid. 

The fresh install of media composer didn’t show this error. I also don’t think I got the error after all the Boris plugins were installed. I think the error only started occurring after installing either newblue or Izotope.

What’s likely to be the issue?

• Thu, Mar 7 2024 3:59 PM In reply to

• isamson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 17 2016
    • Posts 43
    • Points 360
    • ! Avid Employee
      Avid Customer Service

Re: Error message whilst avid is starting

Hi Cagney,

I have created case 04768368 on your behalf and sent it to our Video Editor Support team. The next available resource will contact you to address the issue.

Thank you very much

Iny

Hi,

I have just installed windows 10 and media composer 2022.12.6. In addition I installed 2020 versions of Boris continuum, sapphire, mocha pro plugins for avid; newblue titler pro 5, and Izotope post production suite 4 plugins. With regards izotope, I installed all plug-in formats including AAX, but didn't install rtas format as I assume they are for old avid products  

Upon starting media composer, whilst everything is loading I get the message, 'an error occurred in avid media composer. The system and other applications have not been affected' etc. Avid continues to load and start up as normal, I can open a project and all the plugins seem to still work without issue inside avid. 

The fresh install of media composer didn’t show this error. I also don’t think I got the error after all the Boris plugins were installed. I think the error only started occurring after installing either newblue or Izotope.

What’s likely to be the issue?

• Thu, Mar 7 2024 4:01 PM In reply to

I would guess at Izotope. I had a similar issue with version 10.0.5. Version 10.0.4 works for me.

https://community.avid.com/forums/t/233552.aspx

Andi

HP ZBook G6 15 2.6Ghz 6-core i7 9th Gen Nvidia Quadro T2000 4GB 64GB RAM Win 10 Pro MC Ultimate 2022.10 MacbookPro 15 2019 6 core 2.6GHz i9 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 7 2024 7:33 PM In reply to

• Cagney
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 21 2020
    • Posts 26
    • Points 310

Hi, 

Yes, it does seem to be Izotope. 

After some experimenting, I noted the error seemed to pop up when AMPIPluginDSM.avx was loading.

I have identified the culprits as Izotope dialogue match 1.2 and insight 2.5. Removing these allows avid to start without an error message. I also tried older versions of these two plugins and avid loaded fine and both worked in media composer. 

Why would old versions work and newer versions not work? And how does that impact things in future when I put pro tools back on the system when needed?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller